ADVERTISEMENT

Pay board

Yankees03

Sooner starter
Jan 12, 2012
I'm considering a subscription to the pay board but wasn't sure if its worth the $$$....for the guys who have it already, is it worth it?

Reactions: BillyRay
No, not in my opinion. The recruiting news is alright but it leaks out to non subscribers in a matter of days most of the time. The writers have good relationships with most potential recruits but have very little access to the program as a whole. That said, if you're sole interest is in recruiting then it may be worth it, just don't expect inside exclusives with OU staff or anything like that.

I like it. The pay board has a TON more traffic and conversation from day to day. The people over there are more...umm...normal. Meaning...I've never had issues posting over there and other posters treating you like shit over your opinions like a select few do here. I can post something here and get people like fitty calling me an effing idiot. And I can post the same on the pay board and people take in stride as part of the conversations. During times I do post quite a bit over there, I get along with everyone, and have never had any backlash like here. But the guys over there can certainly be brutal if you get sideways with them. But the drama and hatred rarely gets dragged from thread to thread, and year to year like it does with a few of the posters who reside here on the free side.

Lol your posts would mesh in with everyone else man. There are still lots of pumpers over there and also lots of gloomers. But the dynamic is just completely different over there. It's more like a normal message board. It's not like this free board where a handful of posters feel they have to guard and control what is posted, and then troll, insult, and belittle opinions they don't like out of some sense of fighting the good fight or some idiotic crap like that.

Lol your posts would mesh in with everyone else man. There are still lots of pumpers over there and also lots of gloomers. But the dynamic is just completely different over there. It's more like a normal message board. It's not like this free board where a handful of posters feel they have to guard and control what is posted, and then troll, insult, and belittle opinions they don't like out of some sense of fighting the good fight or some idiotic crap like that.
you Piss off to BR! if you don't like it here take both of your Amigos with you and don't show up here anymore ASSHOLES!

I like it. The pay board has a TON more traffic and conversation from day to day. The people over there are more...umm...normal. Meaning...I've never had issues posting over there and other posters treating you like shit over your opinions like a select few do here. I can post something here and get people like fitty calling me an effing idiot. And I can post the same on the pay board and people take in stride as part of the conversations. During times I do post quite a bit over there, I get along with everyone, and have never had any backlash like here. But the guys over there can certainly be brutal if you get sideways with them. But the drama and hatred rarely gets dragged from thread to thread, and year to year like it does with a few of the posters who reside here on the free side.

For what it's worth (nada) I don't think you're an effing idiot.

But I also kind of enjoy the drama and hatred here. Kind of like an old sewing circle, or a bunch of old, senile, pissed off mother hens.

I can't imagine what this board would look like without Yankee and myself. It would probably be one giant love fest and gif competition.

Yankees, it is a very different dynamic there and you'd really like it. No BS.

Billy is wrong though about one thing. The dynamic there is that those who want to talk football get run off over there pretty quickly. And I don't mean your way of talking football. The best longtime posters over there have all been run off and mostly gone elsewhere.

But the prevailing posting opinions there are those that you and Billy would love. There are plenty of people there, likely a strong majority, who don't like that prevailing attitude, but they don't post much.

I agree with the post above that the recruiting information can be had pretty quickly after being posted there. But you won't get to see the kids interviewed and as many highlights of their high school performances. And I believe the best features are the contributions of Eddie Rado's videos about a variety of subjects.

The coordinators give access once a week after practice, usually the DC one night and the OC another. You get video of that and I don't know anyplace else that you can find it. There are insights from that, that are not available just from reading selected quotes in articles the next day.

There are several features that are unique to the site and with the OU emphasis, you'll see a depth of coverage that is hard to find anywhere else.

So it's likely worth the hundred bucks for a year of service or ten a month, however you choose to go.

It would be perfect for you. For me, the sarcasm and attitudes toward the staff are ridiculous; but they'd be right up your alley. You'll feel very much at home.

Or to see who could get the most likes? Lol. By the way, Billy please like this post.
One thing to chew on...I don't post alot over there. But a big portion of my likes are from the pay side. For myself, I could care less about likes. But posts I've made over there Ive gotten 10+ likes before. Post the same thing here and get labeled an idiot.

One thing to chew on...I don't post alot over there. But a big portion of my likes are from the pay side. For myself, I could care less about likes. But posts I've made over there Ive gotten 10+ likes before. Post the same thing here and get labeled an idiot.
OMG.... ten likes... you are AWSOME, I can't believe I'm on the same board as someone as AWSOME as you and the other two Amigos!

Reactions: SoonerTulsan
Take Plainos post with a grain of salt in regards to people who want to talk football getting run off or about the attitudes towards the a staff. They are simply critical of coaches when it's deemed obvious. Plaino of course doesn't like that. Are there posters who take their comments about the coaches too far? Of course there are. But most over there also aren't afraid to give credit where credit is due. Most over there are just brutally honest about things. They don't sugar coat things after a bad game.

But the rest of Plainos post is spot on.

You know there used to be board rules preventing vile like you spew. Oh well.

Boomer Sooner

But your defendants like to spew vile toward staff, but then wave their arms like a bad guy rassler when less than in kind vile is spewed about them or their posts. They want the freedom to speak ill of those who've earned better. And then say something like: "it's a message board. That's what this is here for."

In my view, PS is less an offender than those whom he speaks out against.

Everything you want to know is on Twitter in minutes, but the conversation is well worth the price of admission. If you email one of the CC mods you can probably sweet talk them out of a free month trial.

I guess so if you like no differing opinions and constant sunshine pumping.
But your defendants like to spew vile toward staff, but then wave their arms like a bad guy rassler when less than in kind vile is spewed about them or their posts. They want the freedom to speak ill of those who've earned better. And then say something like: "it's a message board. That's what this is here for."

Plaino I used to somewhat respect you as a poster but here lately you have gone off the deep end. "Spew vile"?? Ha...little over board there don't ya think? Coaches get criticized so you are going to have to toughen up and deal with it. Otherwise this would simply be a complete ra ra homer board with nothing to offer other than sunshine pumping. Apparently that is what you prefer

I agree about plaino. Lately he has posted comments that don't even make sense. In fact you have been exposed as a liar. If u cannot post any proof where posters have been over the top with criticism of the coaching staff I advise just to keep quiet. If you continue to post these I will expose you as a liar again and again and again. It's that simple. You wanna have a difference of opinion that's all good, but don't make up stuff about other posters.

Overboard is a rant by somebody who has a clue about the subject. Venting is typically based on expectations and a lack of understand of the game. Blaming coaches for players who don't bring their best effort to the game is a point of view of the uneducated. Or who doesn't have any experience in the game.

If it wasn't such a negative during the highest and most important time of recruiting, then it wouldn't be worth a comment. But you and your like minded buddies what to say whatever you want, and ignore the possible or likely negative impact on the views of recruits. You don't care.

To let that go without an accurate view of the stupidity of such comments would be to also not care about the program. Telling recruits that OUr coaches are incompetent is inaccurate and stupid. All I'm doing is speaking an informed view. If you don't think it's informed, then you have a right to that view.

But for you to come to the aid of somebody who doesn't have a clue when his claims are hurting the program is much closer to the empty deep end than what you're accusing me of doing. I don't care if somebody posts stupidity, I don't really care. But if they do it to the detriment of the program, then I care a lot.

I'm only disappointed that you don't, since you claim to have played the game. Now you and your little band of negative nellies have decided that every time I post something that contradicts you little group hug, then you each take turns calling me a cry baby. But it's your guys whining about what you perceive to be wrong with the program, that starts it every time.

I'd love to have your respect because it's what men are about. But not having it matters not a bit, because of the disrespectful views you defend over and over again. For you, being disrespectful to Bob Stoops is not just okay, it is to be lauded. Yet calling out someone who deserves none, for that offense the is inexcusable in my view. Your defending it is through the looking glass thinking.

Bob doesn't need my defending him, but he is a championship coach. Those you love to defend are letter for the other team posters.

Spew vile towards staff?? And ps is less of an offender than those whom he speaks out against?? If that is true, then when has ANYONE on this site called ANY of the coaches ASSHOLES????? Or when has anyone said they wished an OU coach would PISS OFF??? Plaino, maybe you need to tap the brakes just a bit and rethink what you post.

I guess so if you like no differing opinions and constant sunshine pumping.

Plaino I used to somewhat respect you as a poster but here lately you have gone off the deep end. "Spew vile"?? Ha...little over board there don't ya think? Coaches get criticized so you are going to have to toughen up and deal with it. Otherwise this would simply be a complete ra ra homer board with nothing to offer other than sunshine pumping. Apparently that is what you prefer

Why be critical, no fan can do anything about it...further more you had this team at 3or 4 losses they have 2 more losses to get a free pass from you.

The bottom line is the board as a whole, sees you and Yankees create drama even after a win. And Billy (a great poster) Fortworth (another great poster) come in to clean up the mess that the 2 of you have created.

I am allowed to have an opinion and mine is you two know before you post you're going to get a reaction out of the Scoop crowd. I'm not saying that you and Yank are the only instigators but you two absolutely look for a rise from posters on this board...... And it's mission accomplished every time.

This stupid faction that you guys come up with such as Doom and gloom and sunshine pumpers is just stupid. I'm a homer.... To me that means players, coaches and the like are forgiven for bad play because they're not perfect, I also believe that OU can play with anyone in the country and I'll be right there cheering them on. My point is stop instigating and derailing good thread with snide remarks. And I'll bet things around here would be a lot better received for both of you. The thing is, are the two of you adult enough to even try?

Read the entire post not just the last sentence if you're going to respond. Thanks

Overboard is a rant by somebody who has a clue about the subject. Venting is typically based on expectations and a lack of understand of the game. Blaming coaches for players who don't bring their best effort to the game is a point of view of the uneducated. Or who doesn't have any experience in the game.

If it wasn't such a negative during the highest and most important time of recruiting, then it wouldn't be worth a comment. But you and your like minded buddies what to say whatever you want, and ignore the possible or likely negative impact on the views of recruits. You don't care.

To let that go without an accurate view of the stupidity of such comments would be to also not care about the program. Telling recruits that OUr coaches are incompetent is inaccurate and stupid. All I'm doing is speaking an informed view. If you don't think it's informed, then you have a right to that view.

But for you to come to the aid of somebody who doesn't have a clue when his claims are hurting the program is much closer to the empty deep end than what you're accusing me of doing. I don't care if somebody posts stupidity, I don't really care. But if they do it to the detriment of the program, then I care a lot.

I'm only disappointed that you don't, since you claim to have played the game. Now you and your little band of negative nellies have decided that every time I post something that contradicts you little group hug, then you each take turns calling me a cry baby. But it's your guys whining about what you perceive to be wrong with the program, that starts it every time.

I'd love to have your respect because it's what men are about. But not having it matters not a bit, because of the disrespectful views you defend over and over again. For you, being disrespectful to Bob Stoops is not just okay, it is to be lauded. Yet calling out someone who deserves none, for that offense the is inexcusable in my view. Your defending it is through the looking glass thinking.

Bob doesn't need my defending him, but he is a championship coach. Those you love to defend are letter for the other team posters.
Here goes Plaino again telling posters that they lack an understanding of the game. I guess some people just never learn

Why be critical, no fan can do anything about it...further more you had this team at 3or 4 losses they have 2 more losses to get a free pass from you.

The bottom line is the board as a whole, sees you and Yankees create drama even after a win. And Billy (a great poster) Fortworth (another great poster) come in to clean up the mess that the 2 of you have created.

I am allowed to have an opinion and mine is you two know before you post you're going to get a reaction out of the Scoop crowd. I'm not saying that you and Yank are the only instigators but you two absolutely look for a rise from posters on this board...... And it's mission accomplished every time.

This stupid faction that you guys come up with such as Doom and gloom and sunshine pumpers is just stupid. I'm a homer.... To me that means players, coaches and the like are forgiven for bad play because they're not perfect, I also believe that OU can play with anyone in the country and I'll be right there cheering them on. My point is stop instigating and derailing good thread with snide remarks. And I'll bet things around here would be a lot better received for both of you. The thing is, are the two of you adult enough to even try?

Read the entire post not just the last sentence if you're going to respond. Thanks
Mike do you really want to create something with me? I gave you the respect you wanted and I expect that in return.

Mike do you really want to create something with me? I gave you the respect you wanted and I expect that in return.

I'm not disrespecting you I'm posting my opinion to you based off what I read. It just my opinion. I don't want to disrespect anyone on this board. Just one poster view from the outside looking in.

Mike give me a break. There is a reason the pay board posters have delivered some beat downs to plaino in the past. 1. He doesn't have a few friends to support him and his lies and 2. They see right thru his crap. It's simple with plaino. If you feel the same way he does you are fine by him, if you don't be prepared for him to question your intelligence and resort to name calling. Mike let me ask again. Please give some examples of posters being over the top or out of control with criticism. Please. This accusation is thrown out there but never any facts to back it up

Good post Mike, except aim it at the group of people who despise Yankee and BW. Yankee and BW aren't going to change. It's been several years since they joined, and what you see is what you get. The REAL issue, are posters who continue to stalk and troll BW and Yankee and ready to pounce on literally any post they make and start a war and destroy threads. It's not Yankee's or BW's fault that some on this site despise their opinions. It's the fault of those who despise them. Period!! And if those people can't respond to thier posts without insults and name calling, then maybe they need to simply learn how to use the ignore button. PERIOD!!! None of this is Yankee or BW's fault. All they can do is post. They can't MAKE others posters react the way they do.
Like the Baylor QB thread...BW makes a comment about OU having a history of making young QBs look great and fitty decides to unleash a ridiculous tirade. Fitty is the one who derailed that thread...NOT BW. But...as usual everyone makes BW out to be the villain and props up fitty as he is fighting the good fight. Give me a fricken break....

Reactions: Oklabama
Mike give me a break. There is a reason the pay board posters have delivered some beat downs to plaino in the past. 1. He doesn't have a few friends to support him and his lies and 2. They see right thru his crap. It's simple with plaino. If you feel the same way he does you are fine by him, if you don't be prepared for him to question your intelligence and resort to name calling. Mike let me ask again. Please give some examples of posters being over the top or out of control with criticism. Please. This accusation is thrown out there but never any facts to back it up

Well, I can tell you this I have sit in person and had conversation with plaino, I've debated with him where he has called me crazy.... Ala Alabama game. He is a good person and certainly not a liar, as you have said many times folks might change what they think of you if they met you in person. Well the same applies to plaino.

I'm not going to dig posts up where I've see you be critical of a player or a coach, but you and I both know you have, or at least some of your posts have come across to me in the past you have been critical of players and coaches. And more so after a loss. I shouldn't have to prove any of that you know your intent.

Mike if you go to any other message board you will see that the majority of Oklahoma fans agree with my way of thinking. While we all love our players and coaches doing great, they are certainly not above criticism about a certain play, coach decision, etc. In fact if u look at the rules of this board constructive criticism is allowed, even encouraged. I've asked time and time again for actual proof of over the top and out of line comments about our coaching staff. If plaino wants to use this accusation then he needs to back it up with proof. If these guys want respect, they must give if return. Just yesterday we had a new poster jumped on by a poster who had too much to drink. Is this what our board wants to portray? That if you don't agree with 3 or 4 guys they will be ridiculed and cussed at? I hope not

Yankee was to much of a little bitch to own up to his numerous critical remarks of Zach Sanchez, yet frequently requests other posters to supply evidence via quoted posts of his when he enters a confrontation!

It has happened more than once and he completely ignores the replies, so why bother. Dishonest. Cowardly. Little bitch.

Good post Mike, except aim it at the group of people who despise Yankee and BW. Yankee and BW aren't going to change. It's been several years since they joined, and what you see is what you get. The REAL issue, are posters who continue to stalk and troll BW and Yankee and ready to pounce on literally any post they make and start a war and destroy threads. It's not Yankee's or BW's fault that some on this site despise their opinions. It's the fault of those who despise them. Period!! And if those people can't respond to thier posts without insults and name calling, then maybe they need to simply learn how to use the ignore button. PERIOD!!! None of this is Yankee or BW's fault. All they can do is post. They can't MAKE others posters react the way they do.
Like the Baylor QB thread...BW makes a comment about OU having a history of making young QBs look great and fitty decides to unleash a ridiculous tirade. Fitty is the one who derailed that thread...NOT BW. But...as usual everyone makes BW out to be the villain and props up fitty as he is fighting the good fight. Give me a fricken break....

I do understand what you're saying here. But most of these posters that you are talking about have a very very bad taste in their mouth from the days of the Orange Blood days for these two posters. And they're just not going to let it go. I look for or at least try to look for the good in everyone, but enough is enough and it's obvious it starts and ends with these two. And they're the only two that can fix it and it will not be over night. And as you say if they won't change then you are going to see the dogpiling continue until Josh M permanently bans all participants. And guys I'm telling you if this doesn't stop it will be all participants.

Reactions: Oklabama
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT