Dru Samia
Orlando Brown
Kenyon Frison
Bobby Evans
Jonathan Alvarez
Alex Dalton
Cody Ford
Dominique Hearne

If the guys in that list that are currently getting snaps don't get better throughout the rest of this year, we are screwed again for 2016. If the guys on that list that aren't getting snaps right now aren't ready for some serious PT next year, we are also screwed.

Soooooooo flipping much hinges on the development of these young guys. Darlington, Kasitati, Farniok, and St. John were just never elite prospects, and while I wish Bedenbaugh would've done a better job developing those guys (at least getting them to an acceptable playing level), I don't put this abortion of an o-line on him - he was always facing a significant uphill task coming into this year. Again... many thanks to Skittles and Patton for a tremendous job in signing guys who always had a very low ceiling.

But next year is where he really can earn a name for himself in the coaching ranks. He did an excellent job coaching up Tyrus & Daryl in getting them ready for the NFL, as I don't think they would've been NFL guys if it weren't for Bedenbaugh's coaching.... but the guys in the above list are from Bedenbaugh's first true recruiting classes. If they don't pan out, he would have no one to blame but himself. I firmly believe he is an elite OL coach that was faced with an impossible task this year, but if our line still sucks next year, the blame squarely falls on his shoulders.

Bob has to give him a pass for this year, but not a big one... next year both he and Bob are coaching for their jobs, and if the younger guys don't improve throughout the rest of this year, you could easily argue he might be out of a job before then.

Anyway... just saying... remember those 8 names - the future of our program depends on them. #nopressure

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.