ADVERTISEMENT

OU vs tulane Score Prediction Thread

38-10 Sooners
Even if JA is playing well we have two or more QBs playing Saturday night in the slot or wildcat to start opening up the playbook.
D needs to create scoring opportunities and kicking game must be good. Above all, no stupid penalties !

Last edited:
We do better when I badmouth us, so I pick Tulane 24-21. If you think that OU will hold Tulane to single digits, you are much more confident in OUr defense than I am.
I’m kinda surprised that you feel our defense is so weak. If you’re right, and you may be, OU is in for a very, very long season. I have a feeling we may be, but I haven’t even considered it to be a defensive issue. IMO, our problems are strictly with the offense.

I haven't watched Tulane play but have heard people that have say Tulane is the better team.
I predicted an OU win but my level of confidence on that is about 40%.
I think the defense is good, how good is hard to say because we still haven't played a good team so far and won't until JH and Rocky Top rolls into Norman.
I think we are in for a long season so I am just gonna enjoy football while it is here. Nothing I can do to make it not happen so not gonna stress over it.

Fun fact. Tulane is the only football team OU has played that has had their logo painted on Owen Field (hurricane). Weird thing, three years later, another hurricane hit Louisiana this week. Is that an omen of good? Or bad? I'm afraid we may need all the Sooner Magic we can get our hands on to pull out a win against Tulane.

I haven't watched Tulane play but have heard people that have say Tulane is the better team.
I predicted an OU win but my level of confidence on that is about 40%.
I think the defense is good, how good is hard to say because we still haven't played a good team so far and won't until JH and Rocky Top rolls into Norman.
I think we are in for a long season so I am just gonna enjoy football while it is here. Nothing I can do to make it not happen so not gonna stress over it.
I dread Tennessee. You know Josh is eagerly awaiting to crush the Sooners. And I don’t blame him. But we need to find a way to man up and send him back to Tennessee dragging his ass.

I dread Tennessee. You know Josh is eagerly awaiting to crush the Sooners. And I don’t blame him. But we need to find a way to man up and send him back to Tennessee dragging his ass.
Yep 1st Conference Game for OU in the SEC and Josh fired by Bob and hires TBOW to replace him and look at what TBOW ended up doing.
Josh will want to give us a huge loss thats for sure especially since it will be a Welcome Party into the Conference, one that he wants to crash.
And I can't blame him either.

On the radio today, Bob Stoops stopped by and was asked about the struggles on offense and the upcoming Tulane game. The jest of his answer was that “ as coaches you can prepare your team to play but ultimately it is the players who decide the outcome of games”.

So in my mind it is another way to say that players can make or break coaches. I am not really sure what to make of that because I think the way a game is called by the OC snd DC can also be why a team succedes or fails.

Tulane 5-0. Multiple shutouts coming without drastic improvement on offense. 1 for 12 on 3rd down conversions against lowly Temple and only one good drive and 249 yards total offense against a Houston team that was rolled by UNLV the previous week. If not for the gift of the muffed punt that the Houston returner didn't touch, last week would have been an L. Five of the top 7 ranked teams still to come plus LSU and Auburn on the road and a better than expected South Carolina team at home. The only remaining game that I'm confident we'll win is Maine. Gonna be a long, painful season; we could end up with 3 or 4 wins total. In other words, my pre-season Kool-Aide has been metabolized.

On the radio today, Bob Stoops stopped by and was asked about the struggles on offense and the upcoming Tulane game. The jest of his answer was that “ as coaches you can prepare your team to play but ultimately it is the players who decide the outcome of games”.

So in my mind it is another way to say that players can make or break coaches. I am not really sure what to make of that because I think the way a game is called by the OC snd DC can also be why a team succedes or fails.
Not sure what to make of what Bob said. I think its just Coachspeak. As a Coach himself you probably won't ever hear him blame anything on bad coaching. I take what Bob says anyway with a grain of salt, he also said recently that he and TBOW are still friends. If anything ever cut Bob its what TBOW pulled and I bet it still cuts him to this day. Friends?

Tulane 5-0. Multiple shutouts coming without drastic improvement on offense. 1 for 12 on 3rd down conversions against lowly Temple and only one good drive and 249 yards total offense against a Houston team that was rolled by UNLV the previous week. If not for the gift of the muffed punt that the Houston returner didn't touch, last week would have been an L. Five of the top 7 ranked teams still to come plus LSU and Auburn on the road and a better than expected South Carolina team at home. The only remaining game that I'm confident we'll win is Maine. Gonna be a long, painful season; we could end up with 3 or 4 wins total. In other words, my pre-season Kool-Aide has been metabolized.
If we have the season like most are now thinking we will I expect recruiting will tank big time.

If we have the season like most are now thinking we will I expect recruiting will tank big time.
Not only recruiting but I would hope that Joe C gives walking papers and starts all over with new hires. 0-8 would be the lows of lows in conference. Even Boo Blake at least won a conf game or 2 in every season.

Wonder how long it would take OU to recover from it if it did happen.

Tulane 27 OU 21

This will be the first loss this season. Tulane is a decent enough team to pull it off.
Yeah I know, I'm great at parties though.

Hope I'm wrong
Hope you and I are both wrong. The one thing we really have going for us, is that Tulane dealt with hurricane disruption this week. That could help us a little.

Reactions: ShamWowed
LMAO. You better get use to it. There’s more to come most likely. This is going to be a difficult season.
You'd think I'd be used to it by now. Hang on and laugh all you want. I don't come here to cry. Makes me sick to my God dam stomach. Good luck. 👍

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT