ADVERTISEMENT

OU vs Texas at the State Fair is the #2 college rivilary in the nation...

K2C Sooner

Sooner starter
Sep 2, 2012
Catoosa OK
The only reason I rank it #2 is the Army\Navy game. Who can argue against that.

I've seen where Michigan and Ohio State claim their game is better. No way.

Here's a few others that claim the title, none of them with the history or excitement of the RRR.

Notre Dame\Michigan
ND\ USC
UCLA\USC
Auburn\Alabama
Florida\Florida State
Oklahoma State\Tulsa....JJ
Missouri\Kansas...At one time this was a good one. Border wars....

I am sure I'm missing some others, but the RRR stands out IMO..........

List your favorites and comments are always read.............

Reactions: Section22Sooner

Here's a few others that claim the title, none of them with the history or excitement of the RRR.

Notre Dame\Michigan
ND\ USC
UCLA\USC
Auburn\Alabama
Florida\Florida State

Auburn / Alabama has to be #1. But it is all relative to where you live I suppose. I lived in Michigan until age 22, and there is no doubt that it is a very heated rivalry (with tOSU). OU / Texas is quite intense when both teams are solid. Like I said, it's all relative. Army/Navy... I never paid much attention to it to be honest.

Reactions: K2C Sooner

Notre Dame\Michigan
ND\ USC
UCLA\USC
Auburn\Alabama
Florida\Florida State

Harvard-Yale...it's the bomb...:cool:

Auburn/Alabama is easily the most intense in-state rivalry. On a national scale, not so much. My list would look like this:

1. tOSU/UM
2. OU/UT
3. UT/A&M
4. ND/USC
5. Army/Navy

I base my list on which games were nationally televised every year back when there were only 3 channels. And I hate like hell to have to leave off OU/Nebraska.

Auburn/Alabama is easily the most intense in-state rivalry. On a national scale, not so much. My list would look like this:

1. tOSU/UM
2. OU/UT
3. UT/A&M
4. ND/USC
5. Army/Navy

I base my list on which games were nationally televised every year back when there were only 3 channels. And I hate like hell to have to leave off OU/Nebraska.

That's a very good metric to use indeed.

Ou/Texas has a combined 11 nc's....Michigan/Ohio state just just 8. So I'd give ours the edge based on that lol.

It shouldn't be based on combined.
It should be based on how many NCs have been thwarted by the one game. I reckon OU is high on the list of being the sole loss in one teams' season.

A few years ago my wife and I met six guys from Penn State that attended just about every "rivalry" game known to man. Three wore OU shirts and sat in Texas end and other three wore Texas and sat in OU territory. They said OU/Texas ranked as the best in their opinion. I remember them saying that Alabama/Auburn had a feeling of violence in the air from beginning to end.

No way Auburn/Bama is better than OU/UT. Ours is state versus state donnybrook; theirs is a neighborhood brawl. Very little interest outside Alabama.

Notre Dame\Michigan
ND\ USC
UCLA\USC
Auburn\Alabama
Florida\Florida State

OU-Texas was the among the top 3 rivalries when both were good. Now it is still a big rivalry, but until both teams are championship contenders, its importance has slipped a bit on a national level.
Army-Navy is the most colorful rivalry, but the game itself is just a flower on CFB's landscape. Same could be said of Yale-Harvard, but only the 10-12 college football fans that are in New England care.
Auburn-Alabama is perhaps the most intense...and in my opinion the silliest, given the life and death importance put on this game.
Michigan-Ohio State has been a great rivalry, but Michigan's decline has diminished it a bit. That may soon change with Michigan starting to show improvement.
Florida-FSU, ND-USC and USC-UCLA are all great rivalries.
Two of the greatest rivalries were put to death when Texas A & M (vs Texas) and Nebraska (vs Oklahoma) left the Big 12......and the Texas A & M-Oklahoma rivalry was starting to make itself known as a top rivalry as well.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT