ADVERTISEMENT

OU Recruiting Grade

Dan Schmierer

Walk-on candidate
Gold Member
Apr 28, 2004
All agree that good recruiting is critical to winning championships / national titles. But how good is good enough? That is my question.

In recent years the OU pattern has been pretty much the same based on Rivals data

Slow startWorry if not panic 3-4 months before signing dayFlurry of new offers after most top tier guys have committedFeverish, generally strong finish10-15 ranking (second tier)

My questions to the Message Board are

Is this recruiting performance good enough to meet OU expectations? Do we lack recruiting methodology (electronic, administrative, support staff, marketing skills, etc)? Do we lack closing skills (are we being shopped, too much patience, etc)? Do we have the right staff and emphasis? Are we slow to get rid of weak recruiters? Is the head coach involved enough?
My answers - would be very interested in yours

NoYes (but hopefully we are catching up after waking up)Yes (need to create more sense of urgency around committing now to OU)Maybe (at least two guys are suspect recruiters even after recent changes)Yes!Maybe (needs to get very involved especially with closing
Overall recruiting grade = B (IMO)

~

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.