ADVERTISEMENT

OU practice viewing notes (8/10/22)

BPrzybylo

Sooner starter
Nov 20, 2017
Another 40 mins in the books.

*Very brief time with QBs today. Dillon Gabriel was accurate in the lil drills I watched. Again, if rotation order means anything, Nick Evers was before General Booty this afternoon.

*Jovantae Barnes and Beno Thompson were both working on their own. Really like watching Gavin Sawchuk. That's a nice frame to go with all that speed.

*Drake Stoops was actually leading the charge today. When it came down to getting the team fired up during stretching, it was Drake. Not used to seeing him that vocal.

*It's duh, but Daniel Parker, geez. Jacked up. Kinda ridiculous.

*Going offensive line, Brey Walker was there this time around. I didn't really watch guys like Anton Harrison or Chris Murray but just wanted to see how guys like Tyler Guyton, Jake Taylor and Jacob Sexton fit in. They do.

*To the defensive line, Ethan Downs and Marcus Stripling running the show at end. Chavis did give a S/O a couple of times to R. Mason Thomas. Reggie Grimes looks real good.

*At tackle, rotations weren't what I would have thought. Jordan Kelley and Josh Ellison. Then Isaiah Coe and Kelvin Gilliam. Then Cedric Roberts and Jeffery Johnson. I didn't see Jalen Redmond. This irritates me. I don't think I missed him, but I didn't see him. He was in the team photo earlier this afternoon.

*Venables loves spending time with those linebackers.

*Watching safeties. Trey Morrison was with them this time around. So you have Billy Bowman and Justin Broiles. Then Key Lawrence and Robert Spears-Jennings. Then Justin Harrington and Jordan Mukes.

*A lot more guys out. Barnes, Beno, LV Bunkley-Shelton, Tre West. Trying to remember if there was anybody else. Nothing looked OMG serious, but enough to where they were working out to the side and not doing drills.

*Venables press conference coming up around 5 p.m. or so. Address Gundy and move on.

*Carey has your photos. Eddie has your videos. Let's do some tweets and call it a wrap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News