ADVERTISEMENT

OU opens as a 7 to 10 point favorite over texASS...

A loss for either coach would be really bad, but it could be the final nail in Charlie's coffin unless Texas wins out. I don't see him keeping his job without winning Saturday's game.
This game is a desperate game for both coaches.
The point spread is not based on OU being better....it's based on Texas sucking....but that hasn't stopped Texas from winning two of the last three.

Isn't OU's record as a favorite in this game atrocious over the past 20 or so years? Based on that time frame, I'd take Texas and the points in a second.

In my 67 years (since 1948), OU has lost 11 games to Texas when favored. Stoops' teams have lost 3 games when favored over Texas.

My first OU game in 1958 saw Texas upset OU 15-14 as Royal used the new 2-point conversion rule to win.
OU was heavily favored.....ranked number 2, while Texas was unranked going into the game.

I pray this game is not our annual "how could this possibly happen?" loss. I was shocked the 2013 game qualified for this moniker. Hated Texas? How could it have possibly happened? Then in 2014 we got pure lucky to win against these slugs. I thought this tradition, which began in 2001, would never involve the hated Fighting Cows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT