ADVERTISEMENT

OU BIG XII to SEC Transition Finances?

SantaJohn

Gold Member
May 5, 2023
We haven't heard much of late regarding how OU stands regarding the OU BIG XII to SEC Transition Finances. We've heard Joe Castiglione say that we left the BIG XII Conference in an honorable manner and I have no reason to not trust him in that regard, BUT...

1) Has OU paid its "Grant of Rights" penalty to the BIG XII Conference, how much was it, and how was it paid?

2) Has OU paid its "Exit Fees" penalty to the BIG XII Conference, how much was it, and how was it paid?

3) When will OU become a "Full-Share" revenue member of the SEC? Most new schools to a conference must suffer through a "partial revenue share" period of time. Do we know how long this "partial revenue share" will last, and what the "partial revenue share" percentage is? It seems to me there will be a period of "Slim Pickins" regarding the full revenue benefits of this transition.

4) I recall reading something along the lines of ESPN helping both OU and UT with these transition expenses. Any information regarding this?

5) Further, I recall reading something regarding UT and ESPN agreeing to moving the Shorthorn Network over to another SEC Network Channel in order to be better able to handle the increased programming content. Any information regarding this?

6) Has there been any word whether or not OU will be able to keep its "Sooner Vision on ESPN+" channel for its internal programming content (i.e., studio shows, and home grown televised team sports games, etc.)?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News