ADVERTISEMENT

OU B-ball Jumps Jayhawks

Tollboothmgr

OU scholarship offer
Sep 3, 2017
Sooners upset #9 Kansas in the LNC today 75-68. The OU win means the two teams split their regular season series. Oklahoma is now 5-3 in the Big 12 and 10-5 overall. It's only the 45th win over the 'Hawks since 1950 for an overall winning percentage versus Kansas of .288 in that span. Next action for Oklahoma is Tuesday in Austin against #5 Texas. The Horns scheduled game today at TCU was postponed due to Covid positive tests within the Frog's program, including their head coach.

Reactions: iasooner1
We've beaten the Jayhawks three of the last four in Norman. I think our last win in Lawrence was in something like 1962.

Does anybody know what Billy Tubbs record was against Kansas?

In 14 regular seasons, Billy Tubbs went 13-15 (42.6%) against Kansas.
In that time, he also sadly went 1-6 (14.3%) against Kansas in Tournaments.
The total record is then 14-21 (40%).

His best run was from 1982-1991 in which Billy went 12-6 (67%) against Kansas, but again he only won 1 tournament game against them out of 6 in that time.

Free throws were as responsible for that as anything. That’s 2 of the last 3 games that they’ve flat butchered their opportunities from the line. Hope that gets straightened out in short order.

Kruger's teams are very frustrating to watch. If OU allows the shot clock go below 8 seconds they go full on stupid with a turnover or impossible shot. OU was responsible for letting an 11 point lead dwindle to 1 point.

From my perspective, that's just the name of the game with college ball. This is exactly why college ball is too painful for me to watch. Pro ball is probably my favorite spectator sport, but I can't bring myself to watch basketball at any other level.

Arguably the greatest NCAA final ever played. 50-50 at the half. Incredible game. Dave Sieger was on fire that night, but it wasn't enough.
clearly remember going into that game with total confidence of our first baskets natty. like the game was a formality lol. hell we'd already spanked em twice for christie's sake. but from the tip it was clear something was diff about the 'hawks that night. we never dominated and it sorta slowly slipped away. when the game was over we just sat there, stunned. like the reaction of OU fans when ND ended The Streak in Norman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT