ADVERTISEMENT

OU a softball 10 seed. 1 school besides OU not in the SEC or Pac12 a top 14 seed

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
Hard to believe that Minnesota isn't in the top ten

The SEC bias is absurd.

Here are the 16 seeds

1 Florida
2 Arizona
3 Oregon
4 Florida State
5 UCLA
6 Washington
7 Auburn
8 Tennessee
9 Texas A&M
10 OU
11 Utah
12 Ole Miss
13 LSU
14 Kentucky
15 Baylor
16 Alabama

Top 16 RPI teams that didn't get in.
12 Minnesota. The Gophers won their last 26 games.
13 James Madison. They have a great player who is a great pitcher and terrific hitter. Goes to Baylor. Both were ranked ahead of Bama before winning their conference tournaments. JMU won all tournament games by run rule. They split during the season with both Auburn at Auburn and Mizzou.

Out of the top 16 RPI that did get in. Surprise surprise, two SEC teams
17 Kentucky
23 Ole Miss

OU's bracket includes Arkansas who is 30 in RPI and Tulsa who is 28. This last RPI was published last Monday. ND State is 157 RPI and under .500 for the season, but won their conference tournament for the automatic bid. Interestingly, they beat Ole Miss in the first week of the season. So they're at least a little dangerous.

Auburn's regional includes their first opponent, Eastern Tennessee State from Chattanooga, and Notre Dame faces Cal of the Pac 12. Notre Dame beat OU early in the season.

A&M's regional as a 9 seed, includes four Texas teams: A&M, Texas, Texas State, who has a good RPI and Texas Southern, A&M's first opponent.

Last edited:
We are the 10th seed,

C_1XV4cVwAAUDUj.jpg

Reactions: iasooner1
When I saw UMinn out, I thought we might have a chance. But getting beat in the first round of the SEC tournament didn't hurt A&M or UTenn. Both were ahead of us before the weekend and both were ahead in the bracket. It might be a break though, not to be in the eight or nine seed. If we make it to OKC, I'd rather be in the bracket with Arizona and the 2, 3 seeds over the 1,4 seeds. And Baylor will give Zona all they want if both make the Supers.

If I were a Gopher fan, I'd be furious tonight. A team with three losses in a power five conference, not even get to host a regional, shows the unfairness of the way the bracket was put together. A&M may be in the SEC, but their schedule was pretty light. Ultimately, losing in the first two weeks of the season to UTenn and Auburn is why we will likely go visiting in the Supers.

I thought Patty put on a solid face for ESPN's cameras, but I believe she was seething underneath.

The SEC tournament revealed how non-powerful the SEC elite were. But, they were not penalized. AYM and Tennessee should have fallen much further. We were a ten. Mississippi was a 12. From ninth in the conference to a #12?

I would hate to be Bama. Minnesota has a good-hitting team, at least against the teams that they have faced. They also have an ace pitcher in Groenewegen. It would surprise me to see Bama emerge from that regional.

Tulsa and Arkansas aren't bad. They can both beat you. We have to pay attention this weekend.

A&M may have enough problems. Texas State is a team that I don't think they know, and they lost to Houston. Texas State is probably the second best team in that regional, if not the best. A&M/Texas might be a feud. But, the Longhorns simply don't have the bats.

We may have a BYU Washington Super. I wouldn't bet on Utah in that regional.

It will be hard for anybody to win at Auburn, but wouldn't we love it if Notre Dame or Cal did? I'm not counting on ETSU, their first opponent. ND can be dangerous, as OU discovered in March.

The SEC tournament revealed how non-powerful the SEC elite were. But, they were not penalized. AYM and Tennessee should have fallen much further. We were a ten. Mississippi was a 12. From ninth in the conference to a #12?

I would hate to be Bama. Minnesota has a good-hitting team, at least against the teams that they have faced. They also have an ace pitcher in Groenewegen. It would surprise me to see Bama emerge from that regional.

Tulsa and Arkansas aren't bad. They can both beat you. We have to pay attention this weekend.

A&M may have enough problems. Texas State is a team that I don't think they know, and they lost to Houston. Texas State is probably the second best team in that regional, if not the best. A&M/Texas might be a feud. But, the Longhorns simply don't have the bats.

We may have a BYU Washington Super. I wouldn't bet on Utah in that regional.

I love our side of the bracket and we are a better team than Auburn & we will beat them if they don't get knocked off in their regional.

This committee is totally inept and SEC biased and they did many weird things weekly in their polls that made no sense,

Minnesota got hosed and it is disgraceful. And with Mississippi winning the postseason SEC tournament the committee moved them up an amazing 11 spots in their poll in one weekend. Gee weren't they 8th or 9th in the SEC full season standings?

Disgraceful totally disgraceful.

SEC regular season standings, before the tournament started

1. Florida 20-3 .870 50-6 .893 L1
2. Auburn 17-7 .708 46-10 .821 L1
3. Tennessee 16-7 .696 44-10 .815 L1
4. Texas A&M 16-7 .696 42-10 .808 L3
5. Alabama 12-11 .522 42-16 .724 L1
6. LSU 12-12 .500 41-18 .695 L1
7. Kentucky 12-12 .500 36-17 .679 L1
8. Ole Miss 10-14 .417 40-18 .690 W4
9. Mississippi State 10-14 .417 36-20 .643 L2