ADVERTISEMENT

OU’s possibilities of closing the gap

OklahomaInJune

Gold Member
Aug 13, 2021
So with all the turnover and craziness settling down a little I was looking around and honestly I like where OU is at, But when you start to really think about College Football and what OU would have to overcome to get to the top it’s starts to become a tad depressing when thinking about how OU truly wasted our best shot at a natty since 17. I realized that Saban has the possibility to go for back to back this year with his best recruiting class under his belt to date coming last year. Then you have A&M really stepping their game up finally getting the W over Bama and a top 3 class this year. Then you think about Ohio State they have the chance to have a LSU burrow type offense next year and if they sort out that D they are going to be monstrous as well. Finally there is Georgia. Who frankly I’m not as up to date with their situation but I do know they ended top 3 in recruiting as well again and they have a very talented QB sitting on their bench. All of this to say when laying everything out as excited as I am for the BV era of OU football it just seems like there is so damn much ground to cover to catch up and I really think Riley did much more damage to OU than people realize he set us way way back. That being said I do think BV is setting OU up to be the place to be for defense and that’s really exciting it’s just so hard to see OU getting to the top without being able to still pull a top QB for the offense to build around idk just wanted to see people realistic thoughts on the future thanks have a good one

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News