ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Worst hotel/motel you ever stayed in

mikw36

Sooner commitment
Gold Member
Jan 20, 2002
Mine was the pay less inn in Tucumcari NM. We had been trying to get a room since Amarillo. Who knew a Jehovah Witness convention could be so big. We had been driving for a long time, I was trying to talk my wife into stopping and buying some pillows and blankets and sleeping in the back of the truck. Instead we end up at the payless inn. As we drove up I noticed the parking lot was not paved. We had tried every motel in Tucumcari no rooms. So I walk to the window, you speak through and rang the bell. Out of no where this dang German Shepherd lunges at me and hits the window. I can then hear him running trying to circle me. I could not remember if the front door was shut or not so I start running to keep from getting trapped. My wife is watching the whole thing laughing her ass off. Go back to the window and this guy with a turbin on his head helps me out. We were the only car in the parking lot and it was not lit. When we approach the entrance I notice the door has been kicked into a V shape. Using keys not cards on this door. So we get into the hallway and go to our room. The mattress was about 2 inches thick and there were stains upon stains on the sheet. Yes one sheet that was 2 foot to short for the bed. I got to thinking we were going to be robbed so I ended up setting in a chair all night didn't sleep. Daylight came and I went to take a shower the bathtub did not drain. I told my wife I had drawn her some bathwater she did not see my humor. When we exited the room and got in the hall way I felt a big breeze and there was a dead coon about halfway down the hallway. When I looked at the other end that door was laying in the parking lot the hallway was just wide open could see outside no door. There was animal scat all up and down the hallway. I am not happy so told my wife for breakfast let's eat at a national chain I had had all the routed 66 I needed for a while. We stop at Shoney's ordered breakfast when we got it I notice that some of the stuff we ordered was not on our plates. Asked the waitress if she missed something she said they had ran out of food. It was 6:30 am. I guess the truck didn't come and there was only one truck. From this point on Tucumcari is my circle around it town. OUH20 reminded me of the sticky carpet and the cockroaches in the bathtub but yes both was present.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.