ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tornadoes

mokemoke

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2013
Aledo, tx
So I know it's a little early but the 10 year anniversary of the Moore EF5 and El Reno tornado is coming up.
I am a weather fanatic and have been since I was a kid. I actually wanted to be a storm chaser at one time.
Anyway I have watched pretty much every you tube video on both these tornadoes and would love to hear if any of you had any first hand experience with either. Now my heart goes out to anyone that lost a loved one and it's always sad when these kinds of things happen.
I just find tornadoes fascinating. I have seen 2 in my life but nothing like what these two were like. The el reno still holds the record for widest at 2.6 miles wide which is just ungodly. Tragicly some very renowned storm chasers lost their lives during this storm. Then the Moore EF5 took the lives of several people as well.
I watch the el reno footage the most because it's just insane how big it got and so fast. Thank God it faded away before it hit the metro area or it would of been much much worse. Anyway would love to here some stories if any of you have them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News