ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Texas softball loses key recruit

Oger

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jun 20, 2001
Palm Bay, Flo.
Ranked 8th in the nations Hot 100 she has an explosive bat and she would make a very athletic 1st Baseman which most other schools are projecting her. I personally would like to see Oklahoma recruit her in the outfield.
This article is about a year old and has her checking in at 5'10" but she is actually 6'1". The only reason I'm bringing this over here is because Oklahoma is definitely taking a heavier interest in her on this go around. Don't be surprised if this Houston native joins Oklahoma's already outstanding 2020 class which has commits from 4 players residing in the Top 10.

Camryn Wincher, SS… Stingers Gold (Texas)
Camryn began playing for her father, Les, when she was seven-years-old and has been with his Stingers Gold team ever since. She is a great all-around athlete who averaged 19.5 points per game in hoops last year, stars in volleyball as well and as a 5-foot-10 leadoff hitter in softball led the Stingers with 14 home runs and a .569 batting average playing mostly 16U competition. Camryn has a great work ethic and mixes weight and agility training to fine-tune her quickness, speed and power. She is the type of player you want up at the plate with the game on the line and one reason is because she can beat you in so many ways. In one club game this year, she started the game with a solo home run, then got on base via a bunt, and, batting left handed the third time up, drilled the ball off the fence. One opposing pitcher, who has already committed to a college, said, "Everywhere I throw the ball, Camryn puts her bat on it." One coach remarked, "I've seen this kid bat three times and all three times she has hit home runs off of three different pitchers." Perhaps Camryn's greatest attribute is her hand speed, which accelerates the bat through the zone so it explodes upon contact. Major programs like Auburn, Oregon and Florida State have shown interest and schools from the SEC, Pac-12 and Big 12 have offered but it looks like Texas is the strong leader at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.