ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sub Compacts

newnasty

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jun 14, 2020
Has anyone purchased the Springfield Hellcat?

I'm really liking the reviews. Leaning towards a purchase. But it appears to be on a waitlist as well.

Don't buy a hellcat. If you are going to buy a striker fire pistol buy one from a company that is known for them like glock or sig.

Reactions: newnasty
Yes... I also like the Sig Sauer P320 RXP Compact. Although the Hellcat weighs about 6oz. less. This purchase is for conceal carry. So it'll be w/ me ALL THE TIME. So it's a bigger type of purchase than just buying a gun to target shoot.

Reactions: iasooner1
Yes... I also like the Sig Sauer P320 RXP Compact. Although the Hellcat weighs about 6oz. less. This purchase is for conceal carry. So it'll be w/ me ALL THE TIME. So it's a bigger type of purchase than just buying a gun to target shoot.
Have you looked into the S&W 442 or 642 Airweight .38 Special? It's my favorite car to park in small spaces. It's like a Mini Cooper S but with a lot more horsepower to go from 0 to 975 fps in a fraction of a second.

Have you looked into the S&W 442 or 642 Airweight .38 Special? It's my favorite car to park in small spaces. It's like a Mini Cooper S but with a lot more horsepower to go from 0 to 975 fps in a fraction of a second.

Pro - It's 11 oz less than the P320 compact
Con - but 10 shots less
Pro - almost half the money than the P320 compact
Con - but 10 shots less

Just go with a G19 and be done with it. It isn't bad to carry IWB and it will NEVER fail you, no matter how bad you treat it.

You can put the same fuel in the little car as you do in the bigger car, but the bigger car will still go faster and hit you harder.

Just go with a G19 and be done with it. It isn't bad to carry IWB and it will NEVER fail you, no matter how bad you treat it.

You can put the same fuel in the little car as you do in the bigger car, but the bigger car will still go faster and hit you harder.

Ah, a lot of strands to keep in the old Duder’s head, man.

How bad of a shot are you?

I can hit targets... but haven't had to shoot people to survive. Meaning one thing... when in trouble with my life or other lives on the line, I'm only carrying for one reason and it isn't to hit targets. So 13, 15 round is a good count for me.

That's exactly what I thought when reading that comment. Glock 26 9mm. If I need more than 10 rounds then I'm in a combat zone.

As Mike Tyson famously said, "Everybody's got a plan until they get punched in the face". Combine the stress of the situation, a moving target who's probably shooting at you, a short barrel and short grip, the increase muzzle rise associated with a pocket rocket, and you might need more than you think. Read the stats on shootouts - even the trained LEOs only hit their targets in a live situation about 30% of the time. Heaven forbid that I'm ever in a situation where I have to pull, but if I do, I want the longest barrel and the most rounds possible that I can semi-comfortably conceal. BTW, I'm pretty decent and have fared well at a few USPSA competitions, but I harbor no false confidence in how I would react under the dynamics of a live situation.

By the way, whatever one chooses to carry, it is worth the money to spend another $100 to $150 at the gunsmith to improve the trigger pull.

As Mike Tyson famously said, "Everybody's got a plan until they get punched in the face". Combine the stress of the situation, a moving target who's probably shooting at you, a short barrel and short grip, the increase muzzle rise associated with a pocket rocket, and you might need more than you think. Read the stats on shootouts - even the trained LEOs only hit their targets in a live situation about 30% of the time. Heaven forbid that I'm ever in a situation where I have to pull, but if I do, I want the longest barrel and the most rounds possible that I can semi-comfortably conceal. BTW, I'm pretty decent and have fared well at a few USPSA competitions, but I harbor no false confidence in how I would react under the dynamics of a live situation.

By the way, whatever one chooses to carry, it is worth the money to spend another $100 to $150 at the gunsmith to improve the trigger pull.
For home defense, it's a shotgun 100% of the time. For concealed carry, I lean toward the reliability and accuracy of a revolver and a strategy of retreat to cover.

Full disclosure, I am trained and qualified at law enforcement standards.

Shot the Hellcat & the Sig P320XP. Really liked them both. Actually I'd buy & carry either. But I settled on the Hellcat. The wifey bought the S&W 442 revolver. We enjoyed the facilities at the gun range/shop/club that we each bought 6 month memberships to the gun club as well. It included Free Rentals, Skip the Line for lanes shooting & simulation shooting, and also discounts on ammo. Weekends are crazy at this place. But weekdays (except for lunch hour), is EZ PZ for getting in, doing your thing, and leaving.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Has anyone purchased the Springfield Hellcat?

I'm really liking the reviews. Leaning towards a purchase. But it appears to be on a waitlist as well.
I’ve got a Springfield xds that shoots real well. Also carry a Walther PPQ M-2, very smooth stock triggers imo

Reactions: newnasty
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT