ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Son Seeking A&P Career Start

nycplanter

Sooner commitment
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2016
NYC
Good evening all—

My son completed his Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) coursework right before the pandemic hit in 2020, at Teterboro School of Aeronautics (NJ). After spending a year waiting for Covid restrictions to lift and things to re-open here in the NE, he had been out of class for almost 18 months.

He and I traveled to Baker School of Aeronautics TN) last summer (2021), where he did some test prep and refreshing. I was a proud pop to watch my son finally finish what he had worked so hard to accomplish, as he passed all of his written, oral and practical exams last July. He is a conscientious, diligent, and thoughtful young man, an Eagle Scout, and he loves all things aircraft.

Since my son received his FAA certification, he has been actively applying and interviewing for starting jobs in an A&P field for 9 months now. Unfortunately, virtually every opportunity he has applied and/or interviewed for has required experience, which means that he is still waiting for his first opportunity to begin his career.

If there are any aviation industry insiders on the Corner, we would sure appreciate any referral on leads or advice for getting his foot into the right door. We are knocking on every door we can think of. My son lives in NJ, but he is willing to relocate virtually anywhere, for the right opportunity.

I know many of you experienced profound losses due to Covid. The pandemic has cost my son almost 2 years delay in beginning his career. Thanks in advance for any suggestions, connections, and yes—prayers for a breakthrough!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News