ADVERTISEMENT

OT - seizures

mgsooner

Sooner starter
Sep 24, 2002
Tallsuh
Thought I’d take a shot here to get some useful info from those who might suffer from seizures. I’m 44 years-old and a few months back I had what I believe is my first-ever seizure in bed at about 5 am. It was enough to wake up my wife and when she couldn’t get me to respond she called 911. 911 arrived and by that time I was coherent. After checking my vitals and everything the paramedics kind of shrugged their shoulders and said they could transport me but they didn’t see much point. So we just kind of moved on with our lives.

Saturday I planned to drive from Tulsa to Norman for the game and was awakened by our dog at about 8 am. After a few minutes, I fell back asleep. I woke up with paramedics in the room and a lot of pain coming from my left shoulder. Turns out I had experienced another seizure and this time I had managed to dislocate my shoulder. This time I was transported and spent the next 9-10 hours in pretty agonizing pain in an ER bed (despite their best attempts to control it with pain meds) before they could get me put under anesthesia and put my shoulder back into place. I stayed in the hospital overnight Saturday night and after an EEG and MRI Sunday I was discharged. I’m told I have a very small spot on my brain that could be the cause and I have been prescribed levetiracetam/keppra.

My sympathies to anyone who suffers from the same and I’m happy to commiserate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News