ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rapping House Mom

okla027

Sooner signee
Sep 2, 2009
We all know this video came out of the house mom saying the N word over and over, it was then realized that she was singing along to a rap song by Trinidad and even Trinidad himself has said he has no problem with it. So for the most part, she has been exonerated bc she was singing along. After all, rap music is bought just as much by the white community as the African American community and the record labels and artists know this. They make millions off of all races purchasing their music.

Now of course I find the SAE chant disgusting and racist, more so about the hanging from the trees than the use of the N word.

My question: Is it possible some kids born in the mid 90s don't associate the N word with racism but rather the music they listen to and apparently blast in their house? We have as a country progressed far from where we once were on race. But the N word is used more than ever in music and pop culture, much of which, now more than ever shapes the culture of places like a frat house. Obviously these college white kids are listening to the music, music that basically raps the N word over and over and over again. So how is it that this word can be put in music to make millions of dollars, appeal to the label as profitable and then at times turn around and call it the worst word in the world? So is ok for a white person to say it only if they are rapping along with a song? Or are white people not allowed to sing along to rap songs that are put of there and geared towards their age group that they purchase? I'm just putting this out there bc this has gone so far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News