ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Prayers answered for our baby boy

JordanWallace

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2005
Hey guys, some of you probably know my wife gave birth to twins 3 weeks ago. A boy and a girl. We got to take them home two days later and everything was great.

Then Sunday our baby boy, Caden, was extra fussy so we kept a close eye on him and finally his temp spiked up to 102 so we took him to the ER. After bloodwork and a spinal tap, they determined he was positive for GBS and had developed bacterial meningitis. We were admitted to the NICU in Northwest Arkansas that night and transported over there by ambulance.

Over the next few days, they hammered him with antibiotics. Then on Wednesday, after another spinal tap, that test was positive still for bacteria in his spinal fluid which sent up red flags. So he and I were transported via helicopter to the Arkansas Childrens in Little Rock where they have a better MRI machine for newborns and a pediatric neurologist on site in case the brain MRI showed we needed immediate brain surgery. Fortunately, we did not and on Friday his fever stopped spiking.

His recent tests have all come up negative for the infection so for the most part we should be in the clear now. He will still be in the hospital until at least the 31st to receive the entire course of antibiotics but if nothing else goes wrong in that time, we should get to take him home that day for a very happy Halloween.

Just thought I’d share some good news on the board. Also, just proof that he’s an OU fan as he waited til Sunday for this to start and timed it before the bye week. We had a lot of people praying for us and supporting us but hopefully we are now on the mend. Boomer!

Edit- Mama and twin sister were able to drive down Friday to hang out with us while my in-laws watch our 17 month old back home. Hope to all be together again soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News