ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFL in LA- Who ya got?

danielcy

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Oct 2, 2001
I've been following this wacky and fascinating story of the NFL getting back into LA. Basically 3 teams (Rams, Chargers, Raiders) want to move to LA. None of their home cities have been willing to put together a publicly funded stadium.

There's 2 proposals:
Carson- a former landfill. Apparently this is ok as MetLife and the new Mile High were also built on landfills. The Chargers/Raiders want to team up here. CEO of Disney and Carmen Policy are the head of this site proposal.
Inglewood- former site of the Forum and Hollywood race track owned by Rams owner/ WalMart guy Kroenke. Crazy thing is that the site is directly in the flight path of the runway at LAX. LAX requested that Kroenke lower the height of the stadium for security and radar interference purposes.

I'm pulling for Carson. They need to build an open air stadium in LA, not the domed extravaganza Kroenke is planning. I also want to see the Raiders in LA and back to promanance like they should be. The Raiders are an iconic franchise, but they've floundered the past 30 years.

If Kroenke doesn't get to LA, there could be trouble. London might be his next crazy idea.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News