ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Movie Review - Mad Max

Schoonerman

Sooner starter
May 29, 2001
Marietta, GA
Okay, I know this one has been out for a while, but the wifey and I just got around to finally seeing this one. So bear with me.

George Miller, the director of the Mad Max trilogy, brings us the continuing saga of Max as he makes his way through the post-apocalyptic world. I am not a sci-fi or fantasy/action movie fan, but I really liked the first three installments in this series, but this latest effort left me a little flat. Maybe it's just me, but everyone (mostly critics) LOVED this movie. Miller doesn't vary far from the previous movies as "Fury Road" is the story of Max (Tom Hardy) as he joins up with tanker driver Furiosa (Charlize Theron) to smuggle gasoline across the vast wasteland. However, they are not only transporting fuel, but also "breeders" (played mostly by supermodels) to get them to the "green place" where they can live free as opposed to propagating the species of the mutant warring parties.

Unfortunately, what starts out as a pretty good idea for a story gets lost in one incredibly long (and violent) chase scene after another. I get that their are transporting fuel and smuggling people, so naturally there would be chase scenes, but nearly 80% of the movie centers around the warring parties trying to take out Hardy and Theron to get to the fuel. I found myself getting somewhat bored with this movie and actually checked my watch a couple of times anticipating the end.

I'm sure I'll be in the minority on this one, but I just didn't enjoy this one nearly as much as the others and am giving it only a 6 out of 10 Sooner Schooners.

Sounds like a NASC
Okay, I know this one has been out for a while, but the wifey and I just got around to finally seeing this one. So bear with me.

George Miller, the director of the Mad Max trilogy, brings us the continuing saga of Max as he makes his way through the post-apocalyptic world. I am not a sci-fi or fantasy/action movie fan, but I really liked the first three installments in this series, but this latest effort left me a little flat. Maybe it's just me, but everyone (mostly critics) LOVED this movie. Miller doesn't vary far from the previous movies as "Fury Road" is the story of Max (Tom Hardy) as he joins up with tanker driver Furiosa (Charlize Theron) to smuggle gasoline across the vast wasteland. However, they are not only transporting fuel, but also "breeders" (played mostly by supermodels) to get them to the "green place" where they can live free as opposed to propagating the species of the mutant warring parties.

Unfortunately, what starts out as a pretty good idea for a story gets lost in one incredibly long (and violent) chase scene after another. I get that their are transporting fuel and smuggling people, so naturally there would be chase scenes, but nearly 80% of the movie centers around the warring parties trying to take out Hardy and Theron to get to the fuel. I found myself getting somewhat bored with this movie and actually checked my watch a couple of times anticipating the end.

I'm sure I'll be in the minority on this one, but I just didn't enjoy this one nearly as much as the others and am giving it only a 6 out of 10 Sooner Schooners.

Sounds like a NASCAR race. I might go see it..............JJ

Reactions: Section22Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT