ADVERTISEMENT

OT, kind of...Did y'all hear about Fluties parents?

Same thing happened to a friend of mine's in-laws a few months ago. Sad, but comforting to the family as they knew that's what they would've wanted.

Reactions: iasooner1
Certainly not to make light or cast any disrespect...but an oldie but goodie.

An elderly couple went to a divorce lawyer.
Told him they wanted an uncontested divorce.

The attorney, a little flabbergasted asked them, "Why do you want a divorce? One of you is 94 and the other 93, and you've been married for 73 years?"

They look at each other, then the lady says, "Well, we were just waiting for our three kids to pass".:cool:

I think stuff like this happens a lot. My kids' grandparents, mom's parents died 25 days apart. I know it' s not an hour, but the same sort of thing. He dad was miserable in poor health for not quite a decade. Emphysema and wet macular degeneration. But he was from the greatest generation. WWII veteran who was a nose gunner on D-Day. Then in the Air Force in Korea and Vietnam and some other clandestine location. He just made up his mind that he wasn't going to go first. She passed at 91. Less than a month, he went at 93. Terrific man, great father-in-law. Been gone 20 months.

I don't know how much control we have over stuff like that, but surely, we have some. When you spend more than three quarters of your life with somebody, it has to be hard to deal with stuff, especially if your health makes you miserable.

I feel for the Fluties.

Wow...that's sad, but also like what Jcon said it's the perfect scenario for two people who didn't want to live without each other. I feel for Doug and the rest of the family that has to endure such a huge blow all at once. Losing both your parents like that has to be just a brutal blow.

I just can't imagine how hard this is for Flutie and his family to lose both parents within and hour of each other. When my parents passed (9 years apart), it was really hard for me, so I can't imagine the heartache he's feeling when they both passed on the same day. The Fluties certainly have my deepest sympathies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT