ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Jersey Boys

Oh my goodness, I did leave the N out...

Well, if you think about it that was the essence of Clint Eastwood...the old N out...
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by iasooner1:
Somehow the William Tell Overture lost its innocence of bygone yesteryear after hearing it in Clockwork...
I thought it was Beethoven's Ninth?

Originally posted by Drewcristo78:
I must have missed Schooner's review. WOW!!! Great movie, Eastwood delivers again.
I did not review this one and I just saw it last night and thought it was fantastic! I had forgotten all of the hits by the Four Seasons and love all the behind-the-scenes stories about the band, particularly how Tommy had racked up more than $600,000 and that Frankie and the "the group" would collectively pay off his debt. I thought it was interesting how they focused on keeping the group together, even when things got rocky, but they eventually fell apart, only to return for their induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

For an 80-something year old, Clint Eastwood is putting together quite an impressive resume of directing credits and may end up being more famous for being a director than actor. But then, that might be a pretty tall order when you think of the classic characters he's played - Dirty Harry, The Man with No Name (Good, Bad & Ugly), Josie Wales, etc. Of course he did some pretty bad movies too, but his good work far outweighs any bombs he's made over the years.

Originally posted by Schoonerman:

Originally posted by Drewcristo78:
I must have missed Schooner's review. WOW!!! Great movie, Eastwood delivers again.
For an 80-something year old, Clint Eastwood is putting together quite an impressive resume of directing credits and may end up being more famous for being a director than actor. But then, that might be a pretty tall order when you think of the classic characters he's played - Dirty Harry, The Man with No Name (Good, Bad & Ugly), Josie Wales, etc. Of course he did some pretty bad movies too, but his good work far outweighs any bombs he's made over the years.
Movies directed by Clint Eastwood:

American Sniper (film)

Bronco Billy

Changeling (film)

The Eiger Sanction (film)

Flags of Our Fathers (film)

Gran Torino

Honkytonk Man

Invictus (film)

Jersey Boys (film)

Letters from Iwo Jima

Mystic River (film)

The Outlaw Josey Wales

Play Misty for Me

The Rookie (1990 film)

Sudden Impact

True Crime (1999 film)

Unforgiven

White Hunter Black Heart

Yep, a fine resume, but the two movies he did that really appealed to the superficial man that I reluctantly admit to being were, and in no certain order, The Beguiled and High Plains Drifter.

In one, he took over a very scared, paranoid town.
Having all the women he wanted and all the material goods that would come to mind.

In the other he took all the women he wanted, but the downside of that one is they got even...in a very ugly way...

They killed him... crap happens.
3dsmile.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT