ADVERTISEMENT

OT...if you would please indulge me one more time...

Soonersincefitty

Sooner starter
Oct 16, 2004
Gun Barrel, Texas...via Claremore, earth
It's no secret I'm getting long in the tooth...(to you horns and OSU cowpies, that means old)
Also, I feel I have narrow window here that OU football is about to start...anyway, enough of the premise crap.

I would like to make a video of me playing guitar and singing.
Believe me, I wouldn't even bring this up if I didn't think I could pull it off...not to mention I want some legacy to the million and a half hours I've spent toiling alone, practicing, playing...enjoying the gift that is music.

That being said, what would you all possibly like to hear? I'm pretty eclectic to a point.
You kidders can request 'Tiptoe through the tulips' by Tiny (dick) Tim, I won't do it, but you can request it.:cool:
No, in all candor I play a lot of different styles.
What I was thinking about was a romp through Strawberry Fields with some Beatles.
I own, 'You got to hide your love away', or 'Norwegian Wood'. (Paul was a hammer!)
Also, recently I've been working on some Green Day stuff. 'Basket case' is fun, as is 'Wake me when September ends'.
'Good Riddance' is a cool finger style song.

Johnny Cash...Gordon Lightfoot, even ole Dan Fogleberg. I'm all over the place. Hell, if I could do opera on the guitar, I would.

So, what do you think...
If you don't want it here, say so. I'll go straight to Youtube with it.
Anyway, ponder if you will.
Your uncritical feedback would be valued.

Last edited:
As much of Abbey Road, American Idiot, Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, any Hendrix or Clapton or Later Eagles works such as on Hotel California and The Long Run might be a good start, Fittster...!

Of course you must grace us with your rollicking rendition of BOOMER SOONER in the mix...

Oh, of course, Boomer Sooner is the encore. I've got that worked out pretty tight. Very distorted and loud.

Well I don't think you have a band, so it needs to be unplugged. I omitted some fine instrumentals. Something along these lines.

Going to California - Led Zeppelin
If Hollywood Don't Need You (or) Til the Rivers All Run Dry (or) Tulsa Time - Don Williams
Baby Blue - Badfinger
Lonely People - America
Something in the Air - Thunderclap Newman

Here you go bro. Don't call me for pain meds. Before you kill yourself, she is only a teenager.

Yep, the little French prodigy.
Her parents put a guitar in her hands when she was 4.
Pfft, she didn't have a chance.
Now this custom guitar maker, Vigier is sending them to her by the gross.

Well I don't think you have a band, so it needs to be unplugged. I omitted some fine instrumentals. Something along these lines.

Going to California - Led Zeppelin
If Hollywood Don't Need You (or) Til the Rivers All Run Dry (or) Tulsa Time - Don Williams
Baby Blue - Badfinger
Lonely People - America
Something in the Air - Thunderclap Newman

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Actually 22, I have a friend that has a kind of a karaoke machine for instruments, so I can do either the electric or acoustic. It's a high end studio grade gadget that cost more than one would think.

This is just a launch of sorts. I don't expect to have it finished until say between the end of regular season and the bowl game.
It'll be a journey for sure.

'Southern Cross' by CSN
'Sundown' - Gordon Lightfoot
Instrumental version of Hotel California
'Amie' Pure Prairie League

Good choices Del Rio. Regarding CSN or CSNY or whatever they were at the time, it doesn't get any better than "Wasted on the Way" or Stephen Stills "So Begins the Task".

Hey Fitty...
Embryonic Journey - Jefferson Airplane
Black Mountain Side (or) Bron Yr Aur (not Bron Yr Aur Stomp) - Led Zeppelin
Anything by Eddie Cochran or Buddy Holly
Fleetwood Mac - Earl Gray

Good choices Del Rio. Regarding CSN or CSNY or whatever they were at the time, it doesn't get any better than "Wasted on the Way" or Stephen Stills "So Begins the Task".

Hey Fitty...

Oh, Eddie Cochran, Summertime Blues..eh eh?

Hey Fitty...

Thanks...and if you are talking CSN/CSNY anthems, you have to include 'Almost Cut My Hair' and the ubiquitous 'Teach Your Children Well'...

For Medic. Since you like drummers, here's the gold standard. I was lucky enough to be on stage with him way back in the day..... one time.

Thanks for posting V. I've always been a big Buddy Rich fan. How he played like that wearing a frickin suit is beyond me.

Oh, Eddie Cochran, Summertime Blues..eh eh?

Eddie Cochran was amazing. What might have been had he lived, performing as an adult? Led Zeppelin's version of Eddie Cochran's "Somethin' Else" might be the best Zep song ever recorded (and it was never on an album). Heck, the 1959 original by E. Cochran was (in my opinion) the first hard rock and roll song. I bet the greasers and hoods freaked out when this song hit the radio.

Eddie Cochran was amazing. What might have been had he lived, performing as an adult? Led Zeppelin's version of Eddie Cochran's "Somethin' Else" might be the best Zep song ever recorded (and it was never on an album). Heck, the 1959 original by E. Cochran was (in my opinion) the first hard rock and roll song. I bet the greasers and hoods freaked out when this song hit the radio.

Yep, my Dad, bless his heart, trying to shield his prototype first born...me, from the sinful temptations of the world, scrutinized everything I brought into the house from the 'outside'.

I was about 11 or 12, we'd just moved to Lawton, and I came home from the old record shop where you could go into the 'soundproof booth' and play the 45s to check them out. (before the British Invasion)
At any rate, I had a Buddy Holly, two James Browns and a relatively old Eddie Cochran. (Summertime Blues) 99 cents each.
He looked at them and just kind of shook his head.

Ah, the memories.
(long term is still sharp as a tack...:eek:

Last edited:

Thanks for posting that, I had never seen it or heard it...makes me miss John Bonham - how different things might be had he not died so early. They might still be together today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT