ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I could’ve had my tit in a wringer. I had decided not to tell you cats about this event.

Wufee

Sooner starter
Dec 12, 2001
But I changed my mind. Some of you guys enjoy hearing about some of the crap I get into.

This happening is really unusual and it does concern me,that some of my experiences, make you guys wonder, how does one old dude , have all these things happen to him.

I can understand, that you cats could think, Man, ol Wuf is sure getting full of shit and making up some mighty tall tales. So that’s why I almost chose not to pass it on. But anyway, it happened, so here goes.

Last Monday, started off like any other day. Buster and I slept in and got up around 10;30. I gave myself a good ass scratching and Buster licked his balls, then we went outside for our first piss of the day.

I went to the kitchen, to make a pot of mud, and noticed a note from Dar, on the counter. It said that she’d make a pot of chili tonight if I’d go to the store and get what she needed.

As you’ll recall, Mon was frigid and that chili sounded good. I should have stayed home!!!

Anyway, a few hours later, I got around and headed to Reasors. Btw, this is the same Reasors where I had to chase my wind blown grocery cart (last winter) and my pants about fell to my knees. Some of you will remember that story.

I get my groceries crawl back in my GMC truck. Btw, I’ve named this truck Jimmy Hoffa. I notice that I need gas.

I’m at the intersection of 111th and Memorial. There’s a Kum and Go at the SE corner of that intersection and that’s where I go.

I’m finishing topping off my tank, when I hear a man’s voice, yelling as loud as he can. I look up and spot him immediately. He’s standing beside a car, slapping the top as hard as he can and cursing at and threatening a woman inside the car.

I immediately think, oh shit. He backs up a step and kicks the side of the car several times. All the while yelling as loud as he can.

I call Bixby PD and tell dispatch what’s going on and she tells me to standby. She comes back on and tells me that she’s spotted them. I found out then that Bixby has 2 cameras, at that intersection, and she had rotated them and found this asshole doing his thing. She tells me that she has dispatched 2 units to the scene but they were several minutes away.

In the meantime , the a hole is getting more agitated. The woman is trying to slide backwards over the console, to get away from him. He sticks his head in the window, still screaming, and acting like he’s going to try to grab her.

I say another oh shit to myself and made some quick decisions what I was gonna do. Btw, I’d already did a video. I also decided this wasn’t a rode rage deal but more of a domestic situation.

I’ve concluded that he was going to try to grab her, so I couldn’t wait any longer.

So I walk over to the car (passenger side to keep the car between him and I.) I’m going to try to remember the dialogue as accurately as I can. Btw, he wasn’t wearing a coat, so he looked unarmed. It went mostly like this.

I had to talk loud. Sir, Sir (he looks up), I can see that you’re very upset. Would you please allow me a chance to offer you some help. I think that I can help you settle the problem.

He said, you old bastard, you need to get the hell away and out of my business. I expected something like that.

I new that Bixby PD would be running code but still didn’t hear sirens.

So I look back at him and he’s glaring at me and I say, Sir, I sincerely apologize for getting involved in your business, but I’ve had some training in helping very frustrated and angry people. I can tell that you have taken all you can take and I think I can help you.

He stares at me for a full 4 to 5 seconds and says, Mr, I ain’t gonna tell you again. You get the eff out of here or I’m gonna move you out of here.

Well, there it was . Where the hell are those damn cops. It seemed like I’d been stalling this guy for 15 minutes, but in reality, it had only been 1 or 2 min.

Well, I switched gears on this miserable asshole. He was still standing there staring at me.

So now I give him the hard eye and say, Sir you need to listen to me very carefully and no interruptions. I’m a retired reserve TPD officer. I’ve already taken a video of you and called the PD about 5 min ago. If you’ll listen very carefully, you’ll hear the sirens of 2 squad cars about 45 seconds out.

His mouth dropped open and his eyes widened. I continued, I need to have you turn around and sit down on the curb and I mean right now.

He looked frantically around , then ran to his truck and got out on a 111th. The Bixby units charged in at that time. I walked over to the lead car, told him I called it in, and pointed at the old ford truck and said, there’s the guy your looking for.

He yelled at his partner to handle this while went after the other one. He went over to calm the woman down and get her story.

I asked him if he needed a witness statement from me. He asked if I saw him lay a hand on her and I said no. He thanked me for my help and turned and went back to work.

I got in Jimmy Hoffa and drove down the street to the other officer and drove in the lot,where he had Mr asshole, in cuffs, while he ran records. I sure was hoping that there were some open warrants on that pos.

Anyway, I asked the officer if he needed anything from me. He asked the same question the other officer did. He thanked me and went back to work.

I stood there for a few seconds, hoping the pos would look at me. He did and I mouthed an f u at him and he just looked at the ground.

Well fellas, there it is. I’m not going to tell Dar because she’d be very upset with me for putting myself at risk.

But I had no idea what he might do to that woman, then I’d have to live with myself. Besides the risk was minimal.

Abusers are bullies and bullies are cowards. I live by a baseline of standards and convictions and have a hard time deviating from them.

A number of years ago, I took a serious interest in the life of the Scottish Missionary David Livingston. He was/is an amazing, courageous man. I read much about his life. He lived in the early 1800’s.

One of his rules has been with me for years. I adhere to it, abosolutly.

Paraphrased: Sympathy and concern is no substitute for action.

So there it is fellas. I really don’t know how or why I end up in the middle of so many of life’s events. But I’ll keep telling you cats all about them.

Later my good Broheims.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News