ADVERTISEMENT

OT: high schools in Houston

Feb 10, 2015
For anyone in the know. What are some of the best schools around Houston? I've heard Cypress area is good. Ft. Bend isd. Anything helps. Thanks.

Originally posted by JGel7:
For anyone in the know. What are some of the best schools around Houston? I've heard Cypress area is good. Ft. Bend isd. Anything helps. Thanks.
In the greater Houston area, IMO, Katy ISD. They are a powerhouse in Football and overall, do well in the classroom.

I'm with Brentwood on this.
Since your Subject says OT, are you looking for good football, good academics, nice campuses, etc?

There are lots of good schools in the area. Some large, some medium, some small.
What attribute exactly are you looking for?

I use to teach and coach in that area, The Woodlands area is awesome. I worked in Magnolia which is a great district. I definitely go back to that area.

In Katy has several good schools Katy High Cinco Ranch and Seven Lakes. The Woodlands and College Park High School.
Cypress has Cy-Ranch,Cy-Woods and Cy-Ridge.

Awesome. I saw round rock hs near Austin has some openings. Not Houston area but do you guys know anything about them?

Originally posted by JGel7:
No sir, just my wife and I.
Where exactly are you relocating from?..makes a huge difference as far as climate and career....you are a educator from what I see?..

Okay then probably Katy or the Woodlands area. Mine went to Clements which is a excellent school but not the best in sports (she played soccer which is very good there)

This area is chock full of good schools.
In Eastern OK, you have Jenks and Union that are good big schools.
In the Houston area, you can see comparable in many areas.
Also some great smaller schools.
The 3A and 4A schools are as exciting as the 5A and 6A.
Just pick an area of town you would like to live in and there are plenty of good FB schools.

Yep... true fact. The first stadium of any kind that was a comfortable 72 year round. I remember going there as a kid and we actually carried 'jackets' to the game in July.

My son went to Klein Oak, the district between Woodlands and Spring ISD. I had no complaints with the school. My son came home with his prom date when he was a junior, she a senior. He asked me "what if the girls looked like this when you were in school?"...my response..."you would be a couple of year older now".

Reactions: JGel7DELETE
My old job at Magnolia West is open, Shawn Bell is the head coach, great guy. He was the star QB at Baylor back in the day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT