ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ford vs GMC full size truck

gbright10

Sooner signee
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2017
Would like to purchase of a new Ford F150 (Lariat or Platinum) or a GMC sierra 1500 (Elevation or Denali) in the next 6 months. I had a 2010 F150 previously, which was a great truck. I love the look of the 2022 GMC elevation refresh.

With the rise is interest rates, can we assume dealerships with be more willing to come off the sticker price in the coming months? Not really excited about paying 65 to 80+K for a new truck.

I understand average MPG's have significantly improved since my 2010 F150 that averaged 14 MPG. I've read reviews with some people claiming to get 27 to 37 MPG out of the GMC duramax turbo diesel.
'
Any recommendations from those that have owned a sierra or newer model F150? I would be interested in a Ford Lightning but a well equipped one is going to run over 100K.

I realize by asking about GMC vs Ford, i will get mainly recommendations for Ram, Chevy and Toyota from the board. I could be talked into looking at a Ram, ive read a lot of positive reviews. I like the look of the new Tundra but it sounds like it lags behind its competition i many areas and the MPG remains really poor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News