ADVERTISEMENT

OT-El Salto, Lake Picachos?

arniejl

Sooner commitment
Oct 4, 2008
So, I'm not an Oklahoman or an alumni, heck never been to the state. But, I've been a Sooner fan since I was 6 years old. Became one in 1971 and love nothing more. So, since I'm, in a way an outsider, I do know that myself and some of you have more than the love of the Sooners in common. Pretty sure a lot of you are bass fisherman.

The wife and I booked for El Salto and Lake Picachos for February, 2019. I see in the Anglers Inn reports that a lot of their customers are from Texas and Oklahoma, (I am in Washington State). So even though we are a year out, I am starting to plan my rod/reel combo's and trying to get a feel for the some of the baits, and line recommendations. I know, BIG, right?

I plan on using a lot of the gear that I use up here but I am interested to see if any of you all have been there before and what worked for you. I see they use most everything down there, big spinnerbaits, jigs, worms etc., but if anyone has any on hands experience, I'd like to thank you in advance for your input!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News