ADVERTISEMENT

OT...Disturbing little fact...crazy world.

Soonersincefitty

Sooner starter
Oct 16, 2004
Gun Barrel, Texas...via Claremore, earth
There are over 200 frozen corpses on Mt. Everest.
I knew there were some but geez? 200?

It's so desolate and dangerous that even the green movement have ceded the bodies to just remain as they lay, and focus on the trash, spent oxygen bottles, et al.

One hapless fellow even has a name, GreenBoots. (explanation? no, next!)

You know, in closing that certainly wouldn't bolster ones confidence when you started coming up on them in your last push for the pinnacle.
Wow...macabre.

Last edited:
Reactions: Section22Sooner
Oh, that was a stretch.
Just conjuring up some other folks missing and never recovered.

Glenn Miller was a 'big band' leader from the 1940s as you probably already know.
He was doing his thing in the European theater and his plane disappeared, widely believed to be in the English Channel.

Hence, the aforementioned 'stretch'.

Oh, that was a stretch.
Just conjuring up some other folks missing and never recovered.

Glenn Miller was a 'big band' leader from the 1940s as you probably already know.
He was doing his thing in the European theater and his plane disappeared, widely believed to be in the English Channel.

Hence, the aforementioned 'stretch'.

Yep, I still like Texas swing. It's timeless.

(steel guitars, you can make them weep)

Well, I tried to find a video of my cousin playing the steel. This all I could come up with. he was recently inducted to the Bob Wills Hall of Fame...........
-PAXP-deijE.gif

-PAXP-deijE.gif

K2C My brother! I have a whole library of Bob Wills CDs. Did you know that a TON of new unreleased Bob Wills music is getting ready to be released? The family donated a bunch of recordings to the Oklahoma Historical Society and several new albums are forthcoming. Link.
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-historical-society-releases-bob-wills-record/article/5422416

Thanks for the link. I need to send it to my cousin, a member of the Bob Wills Hall of Fame, He is a steel guitar player and still plays in all the Playboy and Turkey Texas reunions...............

-PAXP-deijE.gif

Maybe I'm the idiot, I probably am, but still have to post - you know Hoffa didn't disappear until 1975, right? Maybe you found Harold Holt or Anthony Strollo...Charles Ogle, Jim Thompson, et al...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT