ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Baltimore Orioles & Orioles fans

Wow. I never heard of such a thing. Things are totally screwed up in this world.

(Reuters) - The Baltimore Orioles said Wednesday's home game against the Chicago White Sox will be played but it will be closed to the public, as unrest in the city continues....

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
Yep, that's a new wrinkle there.

I suppose we'll have to begrudgingly give one to the freakin' thugs...damn!

Last Saturday, it was a small number of street thugs getting pushed back by Orioles fans outside a Camden Yards pub. When I posted the OP, the intent was kind of tongue-in-cheek along the lines of 'don't EVER mess with MLB fans'. But damn, this thing is spiraling out of control. It could spread too. Don't leave home without it.

That is just a horrid display up there. I never thought I would see a game between professional sports teams where the stands were empty. After the MLB strike, fans had a pretty effective boycott but there was still fans in the stands at least in small to medium numbers. But the clips of the Baltimore game today with ZERO fans in the stands is just a sorry sight. It's sad and pathetic that thugs and punks have decided this is what they feel is an appropriate reaction to what happened. But sad as it may be, I doubt this will be the last.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Yep Billy, it is a pisser.
However one must consider the liability that the Orioles and MLB have to keep fans safe. Primarily right outside Camden Yard.
I wouldn't necessarily chalk up a win for the thugs here. (then again?)
This was just a necessary, prudent business decision...and if my ass was on the line I might have done the same thing.

I'm also trying to figure out why "thug" has becomes such a no no word. When did this happen?

daily_picdump_1799_640_07.jpg

Sorry, I'm about three or four days late on this one, but I think it's okay to call them thugs. That is what they are, so I don't have a problem calling it like its. And since when did it become non-PC to refer to looters, rioters, anarchists, dirt bags, pond scum, etc. as thugs?

Back to the fan-less baseball game. I get that MLB has an obligation to the safety of their players and fans and I'm glad to see that they rescheduled two of the games as double headers with the White Sox in May. I just wish they could have come up with a way to bring the White Sox back later in the season to replay the third game and give the fans an opportunity to see the game. I just think the league kind of "caved in" to the thugs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT