ADVERTISEMENT

Will Love's Field be ready this week?

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
I know some of the player dressing facilities aren't complete. But will fans be able to use bathrooms or other customary fan things?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo !
This team needs to go wall to wall for their 4-Pete
I don't think an undefeated season is possible. This team is not as good as last year's team, who lost a game early. I don't even think we'll have a perfect conference record. WInning a natty is the goal. Last year's team needed that early loss to get natty number 3 in a row, going.

OUr girls are really good. But not that good.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
I don't think an undefeated season is possible. This team is not as good as last year's team, who lost a game early. I don't even think we'll have a perfect conference record. WInning a natty is the goal. Last year's team needed that early loss to get natty number 3 in a row, going.

They need 2 pitchers to establish themselves as the go to Aces on the staff. They also need to be consistent with the bats. They do that, they will be in business. Undefeated is so tough with how many games they play and the conference being tougher this year.

Been saying this ^^. this year's team is good but not as good as the past two teams.

You're most likely right Plaino. But, an undefeated season towards a four-pete isn't out of the realm my man. How sweet and unprecedented that would be. OUr gals might not be as impressive statistically as years past but, let's let natty patty do what natty patty does. I'm a ra ra kinda fan of all things Sooner as well as I think I can win every hand of Texas hold em. Patty is as impressive as any college sports coach in history imo. It is possible brother.

BOOMER!

not a good start Miami of Ohio with the 1st homerun, then went back to back with those homeruns. After 1 OU down 3-1

That was a wild game giving up back to back to back homeruns in the top of the 7th to Miami OH. Haven't been able to watch any games on TV, but it seems many teams are closing the gap thus far. I am hoping we hit our stride at some point and get the dominant pitching and explosive hitting we have become spoiled with for the past decade.

OUr girls were so tight. There was a different dynamic going on, on March 1. They looked better in game 3 of the weekend this morning. Louisiana ain't bad. They led Texas in Austin for a few innings and lost late in a game that came down to T7. We run ruled them. They also have a much better hitting record against lefties than righties. We threw Deal, who throws left and we won 8-0 in four and a half innings. They are annually a tournament team.

BTW, Miami of Ohio beat them in a slugfest 12-10. I suspect MIami will have a lot of those games this season. They can hit. I think they are averaging over three homers per game. They had five against us yesterday.

We'll be all right. But I expect us to lose four or five games during the regular season. OUr defense is much less effective than the last three years. Losing Bahl really showed up yesterday, when a four run lead in the seventh was a done deal. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we lose OUr first conference series is a long long time. But we'll be good enough to host a super regional. So the ultimate goal is absolutely achievable.

This new stadium is awesome. But there are so issues with the playing of the games. Morning games will have those waving flags' shadows between the pitcher and hitter for more than two hours. And Patty was not happy with the ball stuck under the padding at the bottom of the outfield wall in game 1. It's going to take a while to get used to.

Reactions: iasooner2000
OUr girls were so tight. There was a different dynamic going on, on March 1. They looked better in game 3 of the weekend this morning. Louisiana ain't bad. They led Texas in Austin for a few innings and lost late in a game that came down to T7. We run ruled them. They also have a much better hitting record against lefties than righties. We threw Deal, who throws left and we won 8-0 in four and a half innings. They are annually a tournament team.

BTW, Miami of Ohio beat them in a slugfest 12-10. I suspect MIami will have a lot of those games this season. They can hit. I think they are averaging over three homers per game. They had five against us yesterday.

We'll be all right. But I expect us to lose four or five games during the regular season. OUr defense is much less effective than the last three years. Losing Bahl really showed up yesterday, when a four run lead in the seventh was a done deal. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we lose OUr first conference series is a long long time. But we'll be good enough to host a super regional. So the ultimate goal is absolutely achievable.

This new stadium is awesome. But there are so issues with the playing of the games. Morning games will have those waving flags' shadows between the pitcher and hitter for more than two hours. And Patty was not happy with the ball stuck under the padding at the bottom of the outfield wall in game 1. It's going to take a while to get used to.
Plaino, the pressure of keeping the streak going will eventually end and as much as I hate saying it, that could be a good thing in the long run. If and when it ends I just hope it doesnt come against Texas.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I had lunch at Panera Bread in Lake Charles today and while in line to order, got to chatting with the La Tech coaches who were there with their team. I mentioned that I thought they might have been La-Lafayette (USL) or now known simply as Louisiana (who beat OU this weekend), as they were wearing a black and red combo prior to tonight's game against McNeese (which they won 3-1). But then I noticed the coaches were wearing blue and their La Tech hats. One of them said "Go Rangers," as he noticed I was wearing my World Series cap and that's what started the conversation.

Anyhow, their coach said he was most surprised by the defensive mistakes OU had against Louisiana and that he thought that was the game breaker for OU, not the tired pitching. Just observing, I was impressed with how their team seemed like a really good bunch of kids (and coaches) having a fast food lunch like the rest of us. I like McNeese, but happy that La Tech got the win tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT