ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anybody ever heard of this guy?

Hand raised.

I just wonder why the guy lost billions of dollars? My cousin is a big time oil man and he shuts his business down when oil prices drop. I just thought it was a strange article.............BTW, Hamms Beer sucks or sucked if they still make it...............LOL

I just wonder why the guy lost billions of dollars? My cousin is a big time oil man and he shuts his business down when oil prices drop. I just thought it was a strange article.............BTW, Hamms Beer sucks or sucked if they still make it...............LOL

Yeah, they still make it.
It's under the Miller/Coors banner.

You know, the worst tasting booze in the world?
You don't notice after 4 or 5 servings.

Continental Resources is a big corporation. One just can't shut down and cash in his chips like that.

We used to buy Hamms Beer kegs all the time and drink all weekend. It was cheap and it was pretty good.

I guess everyone missed the news. He had to give his ex wife, $987,000.000 about a year ago. She wanted more.

Two points:
On his divorce, I heard he wrote her a check for $900+ Million.
Also heard his ex-wife wouldn't cash the check, because she wanted more.
That, my friends, takes a lot of balls.

On losing his money, when oil prices started falling in late 2014, he came out publicly and stated that he had faith in the industry. Don't remember exact details, but, like most oil companies, he had lots of his production hedged. He stated that he was so confident in the oil market, he was going to cancel 100% of his hedges. When oil prices stopped in the mid $60's last summer, it hurt quite a bit. When they fell below $30 in the winter, he lost billions.
That's probably not the full story on his losses, but it was a big part.

You know, the worst tasting booze in the world?
You don't notice after 4 or 5 servings.

No matter how drunk you got, you always knew when you were drinking Stroh's Fire Brewed Beer.

Strohslogoforinfoox.jpg

This was a common college beer for me and my friends. It was on perpetual sale at the liquor store nearby in Norman - $6 for a case and that was in the late 90s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroh_Brewery_Company

The other beer always on special that we drank but wasn't nearly as bad was Drummond Bros.

IMG_7053.JPG

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falls_City_Brewing_Company

Not surprisingly, both breweries are out of business.

The worst beer I ever had though was just a novelty beer, I think/hope. It was Camo Beer.
Looking it up, apparently it wasn't a novelty. Looks like it might even be brewed still. WTF?

s-l500.jpg

Find it and try it. I dare you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT