ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 85 Bears: Greatest Team in Pro Football History

dskou

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Aug 7, 2001
As you wait for the last Sooner FB game of the season, this documentary is a good distraction during the interim. Whether you were around then and know that team or you were too young or not in this world yet, I feel strongly most of you would enjoy it. I'm a diehard Cowboys fan, not a Bears' fan. But I loved that team and loved watching them. I have no doubt they were the best team ever and definitely the best defense ever. They only lost one game and that was against the Dan Marino led Miami Dolphins. Dan Marino was one of the best NFL QB's ever but never got the recognition because they didn't win a Super Bowl. During that '85 season, I drove to Norman and watched the Sooners dismantle the Colorado Buffs 31-0. I stayed the night but got up early and drove back home just in time to see the Cowboys play the Bears. The Bears rolled to a 44-0 victory in which the defense scored the first 2 TD's of the game. Jim McMahon was their rebel QB who was the NFL version of the Boz personality. They actually were on SI's cover together. It's currently showing on tubi and plex.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News