ADVERTISEMENT

On EPL and the Grant Brix soap opera (Mon 9:00pm)

Parker Thune

Campus Legend
Gold Member
Apr 30, 2023

I spoke with the four-star offensive lineman at length tonight, and I'll give y'all the spark notes.

As I've previously mentioned, Brix is not taking any additional visits until a decision is made. Moreover, he's only talking to the staffs of the three involved programs (Oklahoma, Nebraska and Kansas State) once a week or so. He and his parents are hashing out this decision in relative isolation, as the only other party remotely involved in the decision-making process has been Brix's head coach.

The kid acknowledged that he's simply going to have to step up and make a decision at some point, which tracks with all of what we've reported over the last month or so. There is no momentum for one particular school and there has been no material change; it's simply a case in which the kid is unsure of what he wants. It does seem as though Nebraska's two losses to open the 2023 season made Brix a little uneasy, so that's good news as far as Oklahoma is concerned. Brix reaffirmed that Oklahoma checks every box from an on-field standpoint; the main holdup continues to be the distance factor. However, he also conceded that he's going to have to let the facts dictate his decision more than his heart, which can pretty naturally be interpreted in a positive manner from OU's perspective.

As much as I do believe this comes down to Oklahoma and Nebraska (and I've been told as much by a couple of my best sources on the recruitment), I can't completely rule out Kansas State either. The deep-seated relationships and the Ag Factor in Manhattan has kept the Wildcats in contention. Brix himself maintains that they haven't been eliminated from consideration. This is truly a recruitment that's going to maintain some real intrigue all the way up to the decision, but I still think more signs point toward OU than the other two schools. Until or unless I have incontrovertible reason to bail on the pick, I'm probably going to ride this thing out with my FutureCast on Oklahoma.

In other news, I'm officially confident enough to move ahead with an FC here. As y'all are aware based on previous reports, it's one that I've been toying with for a while. I've heard good things from both the Oklahoma side and the Tampa side for several weeks now, and in the absence of significant buzz for another program, I feel as though the Sooners have enough of an advantage to warrant the prediction. This is not to say the race is over or that the OU advantage is decisive (which should go without saying), but I do think the odds favor Bill Bedenbaugh and the Sooners as we head toward the home stretch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News