ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma vs Arkansas State Predictions

bcsoonerfan

Sooner starter
Aug 7, 2007
This is not a good team so I don't believe we'll get many takeaways with regards to season projections but I think we need some confidence builders and tune ups.

OU - 52
AS - 0

Starting offense gets 42 by half. Defensive depth maintains the shutout.

Interesting side note, the last time OU played Ark St was the 2000 Championship Season where the Sooners won 45-7.

I predict 42-14 this time.

Revamped D. First game of the year. Shutout? BC and Woody, that's a bold prediction.
I can't imagine there won't be at least one breakdown of the D at some point. I'm thinking 2 that get ArkSt within field goal range, and then the D clamps down.

However, it looks like they'll be showcasing a new QB, a new RB, and it looks like they lost their best playmaker, TE Seydou Traore, to the Mississippi St Bulldogs. Their offense is going to be brand spanking new.

Last edited:
Revamped D. First game of the year. Shutout? BC and Woody, that's a bold prediction.
I can't imagine there won't be at least one breakdown of the D at some point. I'm thinking 2 that get ArkSt within field goal range, and then the D clamps down.

However, it looks like they'll be showcasing a new QB, a new RB, and it looks like they lost their best playmaker, TE Seydou Traore, to the Mississippi St Bulldogs. Their offense is going to be brand spanking new.

A lot of it is the competition but I think this defense is going to be looking to make a statement...as is Brent.

65-7 Sooners. Defense shows that they have guys who will make plays with 3 Ints and 2 FF.

DG and JFA each toss 3 Tds.

Boomer

This pillow fight won’t be close so since it’s a layup I’ll just say 28-3 and wait for a real game to get serious

A hot day in Norman…temps could inch up to 100 by end of the game. Good hydration will be needed for everyone.

Even though I don't get to go often, I'm hoping for quick game. Starters take care of business in the first half and get spread the second half snaps out and keep the clock ticking.

I'm gonna try to stay the whole game but we'll see.

Reactions: kcstorm06
Even though I don't get to go often, I'm hoping for quick game. Starters take care of business in the first half and get spread the second half snaps out and keep the clock ticking.

I'm gonna try to stay the whole game but we'll see.
You just don't want to pay $12/beer. Get in, get out, get back to the regularly overpriced stuff. Not the over-over-over-overpriced stuff in the stadium.

45-17 OU. I don’t see a shutout as I think OU D will have a couple of breakdowns that results in some early points for ASU.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Conversation made me think about our defensive changes...

2022 Cheez It Bowl Defensive Starters vs 2023 ArkSt Defensive Starters

DE: Reggie Grimes - Rondell Bothroyd
DT: Jordan Kelley - Jonah Laulu
NT: Jeffery Johnson - Isaiah Coe
DE: Ethan Downs - Ethan Downs

MIKE: David Ugwoegbu - Jaren Kanak
WILL: Danny Stutsman - Danny Stutsman
CHEETAH: DaShaun White - Justin Harrington

CB: Jaden Davis - Gentry Williams
SS: Billy Bowman - Billy Bowman
FS: Key Lawrence - Reggie Pearson
CB: Woodi Washington - Woodi Washington

We have 4/11 position unchanged.

Conversation made me think about our defensive changes...

2022 Cheez It Bowl Defensive Starters vs 2023 ArkSt Defensive Starters

DE: Reggie Grimes - Rondell Bothroyd
DT: Jordan Kelley - Jonah Laulu
NT: Jeffery Johnson - Isaiah Coe
DE: Ethan Downs - Ethan Downs

MIKE: David Ugwoegbu - Jaren Kanak
WILL: Danny Stutsman - Danny Stutsman
CHEETAH: DaShaun White - Justin Harrington

CB: Jaden Davis - Gentry Williams
SS: Billy Bowman - Billy Bowman
FS: Key Lawrence - Reggie Pearson
CB: Woodi Washington - Woodi Washington