ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma Softball

She said she takes full responsibility for the pitching fiasco!! She left a 19 win pitcher and a 17 win pitcher on the bench. Tennessee should send her packing.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I thought Weekly's strategy/gamble was pretty sound. She wanted to get two innings out of her freshman 75 MPH starter. One more out, and she'd have gotten it. Had it worked, she'd have her best two to start in the third, and didn't want anybody being seen by OU hitters more than twice. Pretty sound if it had worked. And she also wouldn't have had her best two throwing pitches, trying to figure out the strike zone on their first 15 pitches. It was a day not to waste pitches.

Unfortunately, Jenning came up with two on and two outs in the 2nd and she went yard. Down 3-0, and Bahl throwing beebee's, it would have been a waste to go to her best two arm's. But if UTenn beats OSU, I'll bet they give FSU a challenge at least once. Her best two have rest, and she doesn't have to face the best two arms in the loser's bracket. Stanford stay there to play us. I wonder how they did against UDub in the regular season.

Very interesting tidbit about the UDub-Stanford game. Stanford's star pitcher, softball national freshman of the year, is now 16-2 for the season. Her second loss came against OU Thursday. But her first loss was in a 3-game series at home against Washington. She won game one, 2-1. But she started game three and didn't get out of the 4th inning, going 3.2 giving up 3 runs, 7 hits and the Huskies won 8-0. The three runs came on a 3-run homer by Kelley Lynch, Washington's clean-up hitter.

Washington won the series two games to one. They won game two 1-0

I think I'd rather play Washington.

Why can't we just accept the fact that the volunteers just weren't as good as OUr gals?

You must be reading a different thread than this one.

BTW - The Vols are a very talented team. Had they thrown their #1 or #2 out there, OU may have still won a 1-hitter, but the final score would have been more like 2-0 or 3-0 in seven innings.

You must be reading a different thread than this one.

BTW - The Vols are a very talented team. Had they thrown their #1 or #2 out there, OU may have still won a 1-hitter, but the final score would have been more like 2-0 or 3-0 in seven innings.
Maybe, but a strategy of falling into the losers bracket (as has been suggested by some pundits) is bad for your mojo. OUr gals don't play like that. One loss this whole season? I'm not disrespecting any team we play, I know the teams present are talented. All I'm saying is we are far superior from the rest of the field imo.

One more and done. We will handle the Stanford frosh phenom just like before
I don't know if Canady has given up a hr in the post season. OU batter's make adjustments to her rise ball but it keeps the ball on the ground. Looking forward to seeing how OU will definitely overcome this and BLAST some bomb's!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT