ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma Softball

I think it was a 10-2 run rule. Sanders had two hits, including the walk off RBI in the 6th. Lee and Jennings both had a homer in game 1 and game 3 of the series.. Lee is learning how to be selective and pass the baton with great hitters behind her.

If she becomes that player she's been at A&M, and Sanders comes on, we could have something really special. Only problem, Sanders is horrible at 1st. Can't have two DP's. Lee played a lot of defense at A&M, but I guess Patty doesn't have the confidence in her to play 1B. I can't imagine she's worse than Sanders.

Reactions: CalSooner
yeah it was 10-2 run rule bottom of the 6th. As far as the rest? they have something special. Love the fact that she is playing people all over the field. Makes are a better future.....or continual success.

I think it was a 10-2 run rule. Sanders had two hits, including the walk off RBI in the 6th. Lee and Jennings both had a homer in game 1 and game 3 of the series.. Lee is learning how to be selective and pass the baton with great hitters behind her.

If she becomes that player she's been at A&M, and Sanders comes on, we could have something really special. Only problem, Sanders is horrible at 1st. Can't have two DP's. Lee played a lot of defense at A&M, but I guess Patty doesn't have the confidence in her to play 1B. I can't imagine she's worse than Sanders.
Sanders is just sophomore and looks like she hasn’t played first base much. But she looks to be someone who could become a really good player. Patty plays a lot of different players at first base for some reason. She knows best.

Patty is such a great coach! She just seems to feel what the players feel. She has a great grasp of what her players can and can not do. She is a master at it. Seldom does she pull the wrong string.

Patty is such a great coach! She just seems to feel what the players feel. She has a great grasp of what her players can and can not do. She is a master at it. Seldom does she pull the wrong string.
Exactly. The more you follow Sooner softball the more you come to appreciate Patty. In my opinion, OU has never had a better head coach and that’s saying a lot. Pile on.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I believe without Title IX women's softball, gymnastics and basketball would not be where they are today. All three sports are quality products to watch and follow.
Coach Gasso and her $1.62 million annual salary through 2028 would agree.

How is the OU men’s golf program doing this spring ? Hopefully they finish the season much better than last year

Like it does every other sport.
And that has nothing to do with my initial statement.
People are always calling for somebody's salary to be raised. I love Patty. I love that she's making $1,67x, xxx.00 ball park. OU fans seems to always think that somebody else's money should be spent.

The main reason behind the Sooner Vision contract, is OU softball
As much as I love Sooner softball, the total of softball games broadcast on Sooner Vision is less than 20 a year. They only do home games. That doesn't come close to justifying what they're receiving. There are all the coaches shows and basketball games and baseball games, and men's and women's gymnastics. There are more coaching shows and pressers than softball stuff of any kind.

You're dreaming, as attractive as OU softball is to you and me.

Reactions: 8085sooner
As much as I love Sooner softball, the total of softball games broadcast on Sooner Vision is less than 20 a year. They only do home games. That doesn't come close to justifying what they're receiving. There are all the coaches shows and basketball games and baseball games, and men's and women's gymnastics. There are more coaching shows and pressers than softball stuff of any kind.

You're dreaming, as attractive as OU softball is to you and me.
I agree totally but understand there’s a lot Sooner fans that watch everything Sooner. Since I signed up for ESPN + in February, I’ve not watched a broadcast of anything except OU softball and as soon as the season is over I’ll be canceling my subscription until at least football but perhaps softball 2024. I have to admit I’m getting interested in women’s basketball again. Maybe one day OU men’s basketball will become relevant again. I certainly hope so. I’m not a fair weather fan, I just don’t much care about anything other than OU football and softball regardless how good or bad they are. Before anyone says anything, think about the last time you watched an OU tennis match.

I agree totally but understand there’s a lot Sooner fans that watch everything Sooner. Since I signed up for ESPN + in February, I’ve not watched a broadcast of anything except OU softball and as soon as the season is over I’ll be canceling my subscription until at least football but perhaps softball 2024. I have to admit I’m getting interested in women’s basketball again. Maybe one day OU men’s basketball will become relevant again. I certainly hope so. I’m not a fair weather fan, I just don’t much care about anything other than OU football and softball regardless how good or bad they are. Before anyone says anything, think about the last time you watched an OU tennis match.
I watch almost anything on Sooner Vision, and if you don't at least include Women's Gymnastics, you're missing out. Their excellence and just pure beauty of the performances, is incredible. They're close to the same number of natty's as softball. Because getting gym tickets is easier than softball tickets, and with six or seven times the capacity, I've seen women's gym more in person, and am strongly considering going to the national finals in Fort Worth. I've never been to Dickie's Arena.

And we got screwed again in the scheduling, having the late session where we don't finish until after 10:00 Thursday night, then coming back,hopefully, 41 hours later for the Finals, Saturday.

Reactions: 8085sooner
I am in the same boat as you. Outside of FB I only tune in for Softball and without the SoonerVision contract we would hardly ever get the chance to see OU softball games. When they aren’t on I listen to the game.

Now ias for Basketball I watched quite a few games but at some point it becomes very hard to watch a team that seems in such bad shape. It became unwatchable. That doesnt make on a fair weather fan at all in my opinion.

Hi Guys...Hope Everyone is Doing GREAT...HUGS To All!!! :cool:
May be an image of 6 people and text that says 'Knock knock Who's there? Owen. Owen who? 0-3!'

Tech using a new P each innng. Seems to be working as its only 3-0 OU heading to top of 7. I expect the Sooners will see this all weekend and in the future.

Thankfully OU has a great pitching staff to counter it

Didn't see the game just the final score 9-0. These gals are marching. Made up for my bad day of fishing.

I watched the game. Bahl pitched a hell of a game! All the girls played great. PG made sure all of her pitchers got in and played late in the game. Tiare Jennings blasted the game open!

Sooners need start a freshman and call on a bunch of freshmen in the circle next game.

Just kidding. Geesh. What a boneheaded move that was for Tennessee.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT