ADVERTISEMENT

Okay, it's all on our mind, let's bring it out to the board.

K2C Sooner

Sooner starter
Sep 2, 2012
Catoosa OK
How do you think we do on the last three games. I know, take them one at a time, but we all are thinking ahead. Here's mine:

Baylor 50\50.......I wish we had them at home.
TCU...Win, and it might be big. In fact I'm calling it.
OSU....Again, I wish it was at home. OSU's defense looks good. I'll call a close game.

What happens if we lose the next three games?

OU is getting better each game. But they haven't played the cream of the crop yet. Having said this, I think Baker Mayfield is going to make some Sooner history. I like his whole Cinderella thing. Walking on two different teams and doing well. I think he delivrs Sooner Magic.

I'm on board to go 3-0.

I like to fall back on the Babe Laufenberg rule. Before I pick who's going to win, I want to know who is available that day for both teams. If we don't have a major injury, I think we have a great chance to go 3-0, despite two road games against quality, undefeated teams.

OU has the best defense in the conference, though OSU looked pretty salty yesterday. I believe Baylor had the best offense. We'll see how good they are at home, with their freshman quarterback. He can play, but he's got some learning to do. I hope we kick Baylor's butt this weekend. I know one thing for sure. They'll play better next Saturday night, than they did last Thursday.

I'm on board with those saying we'll go 3-0. D is playing very well and although the O fattened up on the conference softies, it will help them when they go up stronger D-lines vs. Baylor and OSU.

Reactions: BillyRay
I'm on board with those saying we'll go 3-0. D is playing very well and although the O fattened up on the conference softies, it will help them when they go up stronger D-lines vs. Baylor and OSU.

Yeah, I'm going on the storied strength of OUs tradition and say we sweep the three big dogs.
We're a pretty damn big dog now too!

I'm reminded of the oft quoted, deep thinking Jack Handy wannabe...Andy Dufresne, when he uttered these timeless words in the classic movie, Shawshank Redemption...

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things...and no good thing ever dies".:p

Reactions: Senior Sooner
Yeah, I'm going on the storied strength of OUs tradition and say we sweep the three big dogs.
We're a pretty damn big dog now too!
I'm reminded of the oft quoted, deep thinking Jack Handy wannabe...Andy Dufresne, when he uttered these timeless words in the classic movie, Shawshank Redemption...
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things...and no good thing ever dies".:p
Great...Not in 'Make you an offer you can't refuse, great', but close...:cool:

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
The way we've played recently has been very good. I think we have a great shot at it. I think Baylor in Waco is a toss up. If we get rolling early and keep up and/or get a couple of breaks...I can easily see us taking it in a close one.

TCU looked bad vs OSU, I think we should be able to roll in this one unless we look Texas bad.

OSU has looked great, but I don't know if they are quite as good as most think. I think they are going to be tough though but with it being in the Stool and the visitor having an advantage recently, I like the odds.

The way we've played recently has been very good. I think we have a great shot at it. I think Baylor in Waco is a toss up. If we get rolling early and keep up and/or get a couple of breaks...I can easily see us taking it in a close one.

TCU looked bad vs OSU, I think we should be able to roll in this one unless we look Texas bad.

OSU has looked great, but I don't know if they are quite as good as most think. I think they are going to be tough though but with it being in the Stool and the visitor having an advantage recently, I like the odds.

I agree with most of your points.
However, I believe the Cowboys have some chinks in their armor that can be exploited as you alluded...that based on they barely squeaked by Texas and K-State.

If you recall, Texas literally gift wrapped that one for the Pokes.

Reactions: AbsoluteZer0

OSU has been winning with a very good defense that leads the conference in sacks and is giving up the fewest yards per game rushing. They jump out in front and force teams to pass, which inflates their pass D numbers, but this is a very solid OSU D. They have also been wining easily without much of a running game, so it's all falling on their QB, Mason Rudolph, who has played very well this season. If someone (OU) can get in their and get after Rudolph and not turn the ball over and get the running game going, then it is very possible to get out of The Stool with a W.

Reactions: AbsoluteZer0
OSU has been winning with a very good defense that leads the conference in sacks and is giving up the fewest yards per game rushing. They jump out in front and force teams to pass, which inflates their pass D numbers, but this is a very solid OSU D. They have also been wining easily without much of a running game, so it's all falling on their QB, Mason Rudolph, who has played very well this season. If someone (OU) can get in their and get after Rudolph and not turn the ball over and get the running game going, then it is very possible to get out of The Stool with a W.

Yep Schooner, there's that, and our biggest advantage. That is we are always in their heads. The psych wars with them are generally won by OU.

Their abject hate for OU seems to always come up...and it usually manifest itself in the form of fumbles and other assorted bone head plays that they only have when they play us.
It's a gift that keeps on giving.

(Yes, before it comes up, I'm aware of OUR bonehead play last year when we re-kicked to that frightened gazelle. Check!)

Sorry. 1 - 2. Baylor and OSU get us.

I hope I am wrong, but the overconfidence here just feels funny.

I think you beat Baylor and TCU. OSU should be a close game. My question is, can your corners handle OSU's wrs?

My prediction: I won't get up and walk away from the television after Baylor's first possession in the second half, like I did last year.
First game I can remember that I willingly didn't watch to the bitter end.

Reactions: Schoonerman
I think you beat Baylor and TCU. OSU should be a close game. My question is, can your corners handle OSU's wrs?
I think OU has the best pair of corners that you will see this season.

Speed receivers on an island can be tough, but you will see a lot more mixture and combo coverage than ISU did. We played Iowa State man most of the night, because OUr staff did not think they could beat us man to man. And they were right.

A lot more safety help on the trip to Stillwater. And OUr dbs now have enough experience to mix it up. The TCU secondary was missing key guys. Hopefully we will be at full speed. Thomas is a terrific soph athlete. And Sanchez is a game breaker, conference def player of the week twice. And we discovered that we have a great third corner.

The key to Bedlam will be which groups of uglies play better. I like our chances.

Reactions: Schoonerman
3-0 barring key injuries.

Unfortunately, we go 3-0 and still get left out of the 4 team playoff because our game plan and our guys or coaches never showed up for the Texas game. This will come back to haunt us I'm very afraid. Our only chance is if OSU throttles Baylor and gets into the top 4 and we go beat OSU like our orange headed little brother ;). Then we may get the 4 team playoff love but I still think we must beat them soundly and hope for more losses from teams in front of us. America will not be watching us that last weekend of football while the other conferences have big hyped conference championship games. So goes the life in the Big 12. :mad:

The only remaining Big 12 conference games on the weekend of 12/5 - when all the CCG's are scheduled - are Texas at Baylor and West Virginia at Kansas State. Neither of those games is liable to have any effect at the top of the Big 12 standings.

My prediction: I won't get up and walk away from the television after Baylor's first possession in the second half, like I did last year.
First game I can remember that I willingly didn't watch to the bitter end.

Wow. What a dreadful memory. There were many low points during the Schnelly-Blake era, but that has got to be among one of the lowest during the Stoops era. And we won't even get started on 55-19, etc.

Last year, when Baylor came out smoking our DBs on their first possession of the second half, I could not have been more disgusted with Mike Stoops. But to his credit, it looks like he's turned the D around and if they play like they have all season long (except for the texas game), they could get out of Waco with a W.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT