ADVERTISEMENT

*OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA VS TCU GAME THREAD*

BV has his work cut out for him. He will either get his team to respond or he will lose them to a point the rest of the season is just a formality. I believe he is the right choice for the future but we ( saying this to myself also ) as fans have to show patience.

KSU hit OU in the mouth but TCU put that foot right up OU asses. If Texas does the same next week then I think that is a good indication the players have given up on the season.

Hey, but no worries some NIL players will still get paid.

I was just told that the TCU offensive coordinator is Lincoln Riley’s brother. I bet he and Lincoln will have a big laugh the next time they talk.

If yer backup QB can't step up yer in trouble. We're in a world of hurt here brothers. Both sides of the ball. Imo

Too many transfers. Too much talent lost from a year ago. Too much talent hindered by the lack of good coaching from the previous coach.
OU is recruiting well, so far, for 2023 and beyond.... but the damage done by Riley is really apparent now more than ever.

Was our last loss of this magnitude the Orange vs $c ?
This loss was against a little better than average TCU team and it was PATHETIC. Gabriel is average, the secondary is horrible, and the Dline gets no push whatsoever. This team is going to be lucky to get bowl eligible. Who would have ever thought a few years ago that KANSAS would be better than OU.

Ted looked like he was on the verge of tears. What do we think about Roof not being on the field during the game? I know he can see the entire field in the box, but there also seems to be a disconnect when you aren't out there on the sidelines.
OSU’s defense made a big jump under Knowles when he moved up to the box. But Knowles said “the Big XII is some signal stealing SOB’s”. So they felt a change in his viewpoint and communication was needed.

I was thinking about that turnover by Mims on the first drive. Mims is pretty good with ball protection but Gabriel’s passes are so erratic sometimes that Mims was all spread out even trying to catch what should have been a simple throw and catch. If Gabriel would have hit him in his body the game would have gotten off to a different start imo. Frustrating

Ted looked like he was on the verge of tears. What do we think about Roof not being on the field during the game? I know he can see the entire field in the box, but there also seems to be a disconnect when you aren't out there on the sidelines.
After the last two outings, why is he even part of the equation at this point? Its inevitable BV needs to cull his D staff, and if he doesn't then we are beyond "the honeymoon is over."

Yeah, I heard that Dan Cody was one of the players to admit it. That was disappointing.
Davin Joseph said that OU players were asking for USC to take it easy on them in the 2nd half. PATHETIC to say the least.

After the last two outings, why is he even part of the equation at this point? Its inevitable BV needs to cull his D staff, and if he doesn't then we are beyond "the honeymoon is over."
I guess we are going to see if Venebles is head coaching material or if he will wilt under the pressure.

I think it would be an even bigger train wreck to cut a coach during the season. Reassignment, okay, but no firings. Make the best of it and if that means giving the young guys more opportunities and changing the coaching around, that’s okay. But now is too early to get rid of a coach.

I don't buy that for one minute. OU does not have elite talent at the moment, but the talent is commensurate or still better than what Kansas State and TCU have. There is no excuse for this team to get embarrassed the way they did the past two games.
You're dreaming. And you're buying into the false impression of stars on a high school player's value. And it's at key positions where we are short. Anybody think White is a great college player? They haven't seen him play.

I've read that TCU's OLine was suspect. But they played great yesterday. After week one, I wrote here that OU was short of difference makers on both sides of the ball. That is showing up glaringly. With Dillon at quarterback, we have not had an advantage at quarterback for more than one game this season. Nebraska. It was close to a wash in game one and game two.

Yesterday, the Frogs were better at quarterback at the start, and ridiculously better after Gabriel go cheap shotted. They were better at running back. Their receiving corps was way better. The OLine was at best a push.

Against KState, they had by far the best running back, and were way way way better at quarterback.

I think the coaches do bear more than a little responsibility. But yesterday, we lost our most important offensive player on offense in the first half, and our best playing defensive player on defense in the first three minutes of the game. A lot of teams are going to struggle when that happens, especially when our quarterback room has been decimated by transfers.

This might be as bad a season as we saw under John Blake. But I'm seeing a repeat of 1969. We didn't go to a bowl game that year, either.

You're dreaming. And you're buying into the false impression of stars on a high school player's value. And it's at key positions where we are short. Anybody think White is a great college player? They haven't seen him play.

I've read that TCU's OLine was suspect. But they played great yesterday. After week one, I wrote here that OU was short of difference makers on both sides of the ball. That is showing up glaringly. With Dillon at quarterback, we have not had an advantage at quarterback for more than one game this season. Nebraska. It was close to a wash in game one and game two.

Yesterday, the Frogs were better at quarterback at the start, and ridiculously better after Gabriel go cheap shotted. They were better at running back. Their receiving corps was way better. The OLine was at best a push.

Against KState, they had by far the best running back, and were way way way better at quarterback.

I think the coaches do bear more than a little responsibility. But yesterday, we lost our most important offensive player on offense in the first half, and our best playing defensive player on defense in the first three minutes of the game. A lot of teams are going to struggle when that happens, especially when our quarterback room has been decimated by transfers.

This might be as bad a season as we saw under John Blake. But I'm seeing a repeat of 1969. We didn't go to a bowl game that year, either.
Yeah. Good analysis. In reference to the 1969 season, I’d like to see us win the same percentage of games this year….that would be 7. We’re going to have to improve a whole lot in order to win 4 more. You never know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT