ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread - Game #7 - OU vs. TT

End zone pick saved us at the end of the half. Played well but don't have the points we should have. 28-17 at the half.

Boomer Sooner

We have not had a freshman WR who could catch the ball since Sterling Sheppard. Wonder why that is? That was a wide open drop in the end zone.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Dakota mimics Sanchez. After they pick on him, he comes back with an interception. I know this will be unpopular, but I think Dakota made fewer mistakes than Sanchez usually does. He got beat short and on a TD that was really the lack of a rush. But, he has kept the receiver in front of him.

DBs doing a great job keeping the passes short and defending against the long ball
2mq3vch.gif

So aggrivating to see corners playing over 10 yards off the line and seeing tech getting 10 td gains at will. What do we have to lose, pressure the wrs were giving up tds anyway. Other than that playing great.

TD Perine!!!! #4 on the day and with that carry, goes over 200 yards rushing!!!! 56-27 OU!!!

Boomer Sooner

I hear crickets from the Stoops Bashers for 2 straight weeks! Love it
"Stoops Bashers" is a ridiculous and totally misguided phrase to throw out as we claim an awesome victory. Grow up and become civil.

This thread was respectful and fun until your attempt at disruption.

Boomer Sooner

Reactions: PryorFan
"Stoops Bashers" is a ridiculous and totally misguided phrase to throw out as we claim an awesome victory. Grow up and become civil.

This thread was respectful and fun until your attempt at disruption.

Boomer Sooner
Speaking the truth.... You can't run your mouth in weeks Ou struggles then run and hide when Ou looks great

TD Ross!!!!! 63-27 OU!!!

Boomer Sooner
Speaking the truth.... You can't run your mouth in weeks Ou struggles then run and hide when Ou looks great
Stoops - both of them - are mere mortals and prone to errors at times. No one is perfect. You wouldn't know this but we ALL fail at times and their failures are on a huge national stage.

You mistake a reasoned "critique" with the nonsense and misapplied word "bash" because of your bias for your absolute thoughts. Using that word in error only shows, in my opinion, your ignorance.

Instead of derailing such a productive thread on an amazing day, why don't you start your own thread and "bash" all those who don't agree with your "superior" ramblings.

Like I posted before, you abhor civil discussion.

Boomer Sooner

Our CBs are always ten yards behind the line. It's not just this game.

The defense held Tech under 30, and was the first to do it this season. And the Sooners did it without their best defensive back, and one of the back ups already missing. So they did something right. Without the two first half turnovers, I'm not sure Tech gets to 20.

Tech has stunk all year in the red zone, and especially last week. Then they lost one of their best Olinemen in the first half. So I suspect the strategy was a good idea. If you haven't noticed, Tech moves the ball on everybody. But OU survived ongoing injuries.

It was the best OLine performance of the year, most likely. I wonder when was the last time the Sooners had two backs go over 150 on the ground. Both had over 200 from scrimmage. Mixon looked like a real stud for the first time today.

Today was a really good step forward. Still haven't heard about what is wrong with Sanchez and how long he might be out.

OU might not be great, but I think they're a very good football team. It was certainly a very good defensive performance today by the Sooners against one of the best offenses in CF.

Also, this team has responded excellently after the TX loss.

So, props to Mike Stoops, and, to the rest of the OU staff for getting these guys ready to play today.

Last edited:
OU might not be great, but I think they're a very good football team. It was certainly a very good defensive performance today by the Sooners against against one of the best offenses in CF.

Also, this team has responded excellently after the TX loss.

So, props to Mike Stoops, and, to the rest of the OU staff for getting these guys ready to play today.
Crimson... Mike Stoops is doing his best coaching job since the early 2000s. Just imagine a lot of so called Sooner fans wanted him fired after last year. lol how dumb

TD Ross!!!!! 63-27 OU!!!

Boomer Sooner

Stoops - both of them - are mere mortals and prone to errors at times. No one is perfect. You wouldn't know this but we ALL fail at times and their failures are on a huge national stage.

You mistake a reasoned "critique" with the nonsense and misapplied word "bash" because of your bias for your absolute thoughts. Using that word in error only shows, in my opinion, your ignorance.

Instead of derailing such a productive thread on an amazing day, why don't you start your own thread and "bash" all those who don't agree with your "superior" ramblings.

Boomer Sooner
fw I hope you realize that dfw is a teenager. Its honestly not worth your time

Reactions: BillyRay
TD Ross!!!!! 63-27 OU!!!

Boomer Sooner

Boomer Sooner
Save your BS! I will continue to praise the Stoops brothers week in and week out....

Seems Texas lit a much needed fire under these boys asses. Two weeks straight we've been the hungrier team. Combine that with getting better by experience and suddenly we're playing as well as anyone in the country.

Stay motivated.
Stay hungry.
Big things are still attainable.

Crimson... Mike Stoops is doing his best coaching job since the early 2000s. Just imagine a lot of so called Sooner fans wanted him fired after last year. lol how dumb

I agree with about the performance of Stoops so far this season. His defense has been above average, even without what you might call top tier talent. Good call.

The thing that worries me a little though, is that his defenses have appeared to regress sometimes as a season has wore on.

And whether its fair or not, IMHO, his 2015 Christmas bonus will depend on how the defense plays in the last three weeks of the season. :)

I agree with about the performance of Stoops so far this season. His defense has been above average, even without what you might call top tier talent. Good call.

The thing that worries me a little though, is that his defenses have appeared to regress sometimes as a season has wore on.

And whether its fair or not, IMHO, his 2015 Christmas bonus will depend on how the defense plays in the last three weeks of the season. :)
In fairness to Mike.... The Ou offense was horrible toward the end of last year and the D was on the field too much

Seems Texas lit a much needed fire under these boys asses. Two weeks straight we've been the hungrier team. Combine that with getting better by experience and suddenly we're playing as well as anyone in the country.

Stay motivated.
Stay hungry.
Big things are still attainable.
With offense being almost unstoppable this year and Baylor possibly not having Russell for a while Ou has a great chance to win big 12

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT