ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - GAME #10 - SOONERS vs. Froggies

I think it’s OU ‘s best effort of the season....and Norwood is playing very well.
Gotta keep Mayfield healthy !!
Like don't run him at all! I was absolutely floored at LR's play calling in the second half.I just don't get what he was trying to do?Besides get his Heisman trophy winner hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: td71sooner
Tonight was a great win!! But not sure what to think of the offense going into a coma in the 2nd half. A lot of credit to the defense tonight though. The defense looked shakey to start the game, but stiffened up pretty well the rest of the way.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
Tonight was a great win!! But not sure what to think of the offense going into a coma in the 2nd half. A lot of credit to the defense tonight though. The defense looked shakey to start the game, but stiffened up pretty well the rest of the way.

I believe the very conservative play calling the entire second half was to blame. I really believe we could have scored at least 50. On the defensive side, making the move to the 2 frosh corners may have just saved our season. I personally hope Thomas and Motley never see the field again. I don't mean to go all bullmarket here, but I really believe we are going to win the NC this year. Its not everyday you have a player like Mayfield and I just feel like this team has that it factor. Plus we seem to be peaking

I believe the very conservative play calling the entire second half was to blame. I really believe we could have scored at least 50. On the defensive side, making the move to the 2 frosh corners may have just saved our season. I personally hope Thomas and Motley never see the field again. I don't mean to go all bullmarket here, but I really believe we are going to win the NC this year. Its not everyday you have a player like Mayfield and I just feel like this team has that it factor. Plus we seem to be peaking
OU might have scored at least twice in the second half but that also may have kept the OU defense on the field longer and having a TCU score more points as well.
I would rather see. 38-20 win than a 52-34 win.
If OU wins 4 more games this season, is anyone going to remember Riley’s conservative play in the second half of the TCU game ?

Last edited:
How about MS have the guts to pull Thomas and Motley in favor of two true freshman. I mean, it's true that they couldn't have been any worse, but man, it was still a big decision. JT had grown up with Stoops. They had a long player/coach relationship. They knew each other, had celebrated big wins together, had worked hard together. JT must be hurting right now.

But business is business.

How about MS have the guts to pull Thomas and Motley in favor of two true freshman. I mean, it's true that they couldn't have been any worse, but man, it was still a big decision. JT had grown up with Stoops. They had a long player/coach relationship. They knew each other, had celebrated big wins together, had worked hard together. JT must be hurting right now.

But business is business.
Great point ! Thomas just isn't that good. I still think Motley can improve, but the young guns that played last night were a big upgrade.

I would rather see. 38-20 win than a 52-34 win.

Amen. Would much rather have a "solid" win with defensive stops and sustained drives (even if they end in a punt) than the ridiculous shootouts like last week. Even though OU offense went into a coma in the second half, you just had the feeling that OU was in control of the game. Didn't feel that way against LoSuR, KSU, or even TTU.

Reactions: Oklabama
If OU wins 4 more games this season, is anyone going to remember Riley’s conservative play in the second half of the TCU game ?
Nobody remembers things like that in the victorys. But I think back to the Iowa State game when OUs offense really just went in the tank in the 2nd half and allowed Iowa State to get back into the game and win it. Sometimes getting conservative and ensuring victory can work. But I also think that is a HUGE gamble with the record of Mike's defense since he got back to OU. Not sure if I would trust putting a game into the hands of Mike's defense week after week. Especially in this conference.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
Nobody remembers things like that in the victorys. But I think back to the Iowa State game when OUs offense really just went in the tank in the 2nd half and allowed Iowa State to get back into the game and win it. Sometimes getting conservative and ensuring victory can work. But I also think that is a HUGE gamble with the record of Mike's defense since he got back to OU. Not sure if I would trust putting a game into the hands of Mike's defense week after week. Especially in this conference.

We haven’t been able to count on the defense much for years. As a result a high scoring offense is a necessity; however, I would be much happier with a solid offense complimented by a strong, balanced defense. 35-17 wins are preferable.

Reactions: BillyRay and CTOkie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT