ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - CCG - OU vs. TCU

w640-018b2c9eb99f862447bfea4ea541438c.jpg

I think maybe if Clemson falls, we'd move to #1. Not sure though w/ a committee ruling.

Don't be surprised if we fall to fourth if Clemson, Auburn, and Wisconsin win. We played the lowest ranked team today. If Miami, Georgia, and Ohio State win, we might move to 1.

Reactions: iasooner1
Still don't understand why so many OU fans seem to think the committee is so anti-OU. God almighty, if they were so against OU then they would have ranked an undefeated Wisconsin team over them weeks ago.

Wisconsin has zero wins against top 25 teams, and OU has had 3 of those (now 4) for weeks. It's Clemson losing and not dropping in the CFP rankings, and Auburn coming from nowhere to #2 in three weeks, passing OU by moving straight from 6 to 2 on a week that the top 2 lost, and the 4 Sooners won comfortably against WV while 3 Clemson struggled.

Still don't understand why so many OU fans seem to think the committee is so anti-OU. God almighty, if they were so against OU then they would have ranked an undefeated Wisconsin team over them weeks ago.

I don't think so at all. I'm basing what I said strictly on who's playing who today. Right now, we're ahead of Wisconsin, but if Wisconsin beats Ohio State, they'd be undefeated and will have beaten a higher ranked team today. That's why I think they could jump us.

Georgia just went 83 yards on 7 plays to tie Auburn at 7-7 after looking extremely shaky early. Then they dominated Auburn's offense in an impressive 3-and-out to take over at their own 32.

[ Nice! ]

I don't think so at all. I'm basing what I said strictly on who's playing who today. Right now, we're ahead of Wisconsin, but if Wisconsin beats Ohio State, they'd be undefeated and will have beaten a higher ranked team today. That's why I think they could jump us.

Oklahoma dominated Ohio State in Columbus. There is zero chance that a Badger team with ONE top 25 win over that same Buckeye team will pass the Sooners, NONE.

Oklahoma dominated Ohio State in Columbus. There is zero chance that a Badger team with ONE top 25 win over that same Buckeye team will pass the Sooners, NONE.

First of all, I didn't say that should happen. I said it could happen, Secondly, you have no idea how the committee will process today's results or what they will do. To say there is zero chance is silly.

If Clemson wins impressively tonight, I would expect them to remain at #1 if OU doesn't get there first. If either is #1 there's almost a sure thing that the Sooners get the Rose again.

If Georgia beats Auburn, there's a chance that the Bulldogs could finish on top, and they'd probably prefer the Sugar Bowl, helping put OU in Pasadena. Wisconsin could end up winning the bTen and finish 4th, which could pair OU-WI in the Rose.

I'm too preoccupied with today's games to think too hard about anything else...

So we have to hope for which scenario today (and Tues) for Pasadena in the semi-final ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT