best I can remember he came in for an injured player and the two
announcers spoke very highly of him. I think he wore #77. Just
curious if he was still on the team.

Could someone tell me who the offensive left tackle was when OU
played Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. I believe he was a freshman and
best I can remember he came in for an injured player and the two
announcers spoke very highly of him. I think he wore #77. Just
curious if he was still on the team.

Hey my friend, the link below has the roster for the year. Couldn't find one for the Sugar Bowl specifically.

#77 was Dionte Savage, a Jr. The only Freshmen options with a jersey in the 70's are:

#70 - Christian Daimler
#73 - Dylan Hartsook
#78 - Kyle Marrs

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Oklahoma_Sooners_football_team#Roster

Hope you're doing well my friend.

Daryl Williams played left tackle. Dionte Savage played left guard.

Bronson Irwin played right tackle. He'd never played tackle before.

Ikard was the center and Kasitati played right guard. And they really didn't have any backups.

Just checked the video. L - r 79 . 77 . 64 . 54 . 68

Williams was a better player I thought, but he had played less than 40 snaps at left tackle before that night. Likely made him a little extra money in the draft.

That may have been the greatest performance by a mishmash OU line ever to play in such an important game. Irvin's tackle play was inspirational given the injuries he had that year and playing a position, as Plaino pointed out, that he had never better played in college. All those guys played their asses off. Wasn't pretty, but damn sure was smash mouth football. Loved it.

Reactions: SoonerTulsan
That may have been the greatest performance by a mishmash OU line ever to play in such an important game. Irvin's tackle play was inspirational given the injuries he had that year and playing a position, as Plaino pointed out, that he had never better played in college. All those guys played their asses off. Wasn't pretty, but damn sure was smash mouth football. Loved it.

When I went back to double check my accuracy, I eneded up being 15 minues late to my first appt. I had to relive the highlights. That is a fun video to watch. If I had editing skills, I would make one from just all of the fan shots of the family of the bama quarterback. McCarron may have a hot gf, but her countenence that night was plunging every 30 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT