ADVERTISEMENT

Observations from the OU/Dayton Game

IndySoonerFan

Sooner starter
Mar 28, 2006
Traveled over from Indy to Columbus for the game with 4 of my kids. Got really crappy seats that were literally at the top of the arena thanks to the Dayton fans buying them all up, but at least they were near mid-court. 3 Observations:

1. This was definitely a home game for Dayton. There were UD fans everywhere and they were loud, but generally polite. Honestly it was impressive to see how passionately they supported their team.

2. Dayton is very well coached. They boxed out like monsters, and even though I'm sure we out-rebounded them I was really impressed while watching them keep Spangler and Thomas off the boards despite our height advantage. If they didn't box out so well we would have blown them out.

3. The refs didn't screw us over like they did Providence in the prior round against UD. There were of course questionable calls, but they went both ways in my opinion.

Can't wait for MSU. I remember when they knocked us and Najera out of the tourney years ago (one of my favorite Sooner B-Ball teams), and I've wanted our program to take them out in the tourney ever since. BOOMER!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News