ADVERTISEMENT

O/T: Has anyone seen Veritas ?

iasooner2000

Sooner starter
Sep 12, 2011
I have a good question for him about music I want to ask him. If anyone knows his contact info, wake him up for me please & thanks

I'm here. I've been out of pocket for a bit, as I had a stem cell transplant right after Christmas. Fire away!
Mind saying where you got it done and for what ailment? I'm fascinated by this stuff.
Heard of Ways to Well in Texas, but it sounds like Mexico and Central America are places to go for stuff not allowed in the US.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Mind saying where you got it done and for what ailment? I'm fascinated by this stuff.
Heard of Ways to Well in Texas, but it sounds like Mexico and Central America are places to go for stuff not allowed in the US.
Don't mind at all; it was done at the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City. They have a whole facility dedicated to bone marrow transplants (BMT). I didn't get one of those sexy treatments where they target something like a rotator cuff; I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma back in August after going in for an MRI for back and rib pain. Prior to stem cell transplant, I had to go through 4 three week cycles of chemotherapy, along with heavy doses of steroids and Velcade injections. Stem cell transplant is no fun (after the transplant, you have no immunity to anything and your blood counts drop to next to nothing), but the worst part is behind me and I'm getting stronger every day. I'm 40 days out and doing well. Once I get past the 100 day mark, they will start scheduling me for my baby shots, as all the immunities that I'd built up over my lifetime were eradicated. In the meantime, it's bloodwork and a trip to the oncologist every couple of weeks.

Don't mind at all; it was done at the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City. They have a whole facility dedicated to bone marrow transplants (BMT). I didn't get one of those sexy treatments where they target something like a rotator cuff; I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma back in August after going in for an MRI for back and rib pain. Prior to stem cell transplant, I had to go through 4 three week cycles of chemotherapy, along with heavy doses of steroids and Velcade injections. Stem cell transplant is no fun (after the transplant, you have no immunity to anything and your blood counts drop to next to nothing), but the worst part is behind me and I'm getting stronger every day. I'm 40 days out and doing well. Once I get past the 100 day mark, they will start scheduling me for my baby shots, as all the immunities that I'd built up over my lifetime were eradicated. In the meantime, it's bloodwork and a trip to the oncologist every couple of weeks.
Yer gonna be fine my man. Positive vibes sent your way!

My question pales in comparison to this story; was going to ask if you have played or liked ‘Peaches en Regalia’ or what you thought of Zappa’s career in general. I thought I knew a lot of his stuff but I have only heard about 5 or 6 of his 45ish albums. I’m in awe that he was self taught starting in the library at an early age

Last edited:
Modern medicine and technology is awesome. I hope it's wildly successful for you. I'm always hearing amazing things about stem cell transplants.

I had heard that you're not supposed to do anything for a month or two after stem cell transplants - like anything except light walking, but not even that if you can help it. I had never heard why though. Your explanation makes sense. Thanks for sharing!

I would like some rotator cuff repair myself and will pursue if ever becomes affordable
I've heard of several cases (professional athletes) of joint issues in which conventional doctors pointed towards surgical repair, and the players were able to avoid surgery entirely by stem cells, peptides, and red light therapy.

My question pales in comparison to this story; was going to ask if you have played or liked ‘Peaches en Regalia’ or what you thought of Zappa’s career in general. I thought I knew a lot of his stuff but I have only heard about 5 or 6 of his 45ish albums. I’m in awe that he was self taught starting in the library at an early age
Sorry, I was just never much into Zappa. Can't really put a finger on why, just that his music never really hooked me.

Try Peaches en regalia SNL 1976 & consider he wrote, produced & employed all the musicians. Jean Luc Ponty plays in that 3.40 minute version of an 8 minute composition. Ruth Underwood was awesome as well
Jazz/Rock fusion heavy on horns and percussion

Reactions: veritas59
Try Peaches en regalia SNL 1976 & consider he wrote, produced & employed all the musicians. Jean Luc Ponty plays in that 3.40 minute version of an 8 minute composition. Ruth Underwood was awesome as well
Jazz/Rock fusion heavy on horns and percussion
I will. Thanks!

After that try googling Florentine Pogen for live excellent tenor sax and lead vocals by Napoleon M Brock and more beautiful work by Ruth Underwood, everything written, directed by FZ
Note: If you listen to this one listen for a snippet from the Kingsmen’s Louie Louie

Last edited:
Okay V-man,

I’ve gotta know what your musical assessment is of Florentine Pogen live before we both turn to dust. I see pure joy from Juliard trained Ruth Underwood.
Let me know when you’re able sir

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT