ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Sooner Blurbs from OTAs

OUBeliever

Sooner starter
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Tulsa, OK
1. CBS Miami's Alex Donno reports that the Dolphins' defensive line may include a Bedlam battle this offseason.
Former Oklahoma Sooners' standout Jordan Phillips and former Oklahoma State standout Vincent Taylor will likely be competing for Miami's defensive tackle spot opposite Ndamukong Suh.
"Suh serves as the anchor, with third-year man Jordan Phillips the likely second starter," Donno writes. "Phillips has been anything but consistent in his first two seasons. Phillips said he’s used his offseason to 'find tips and tricks on how to get (myself) going and stay consistent with that.'
"He cites the need to become 'more head strong.' Rookies Davon Godchaux and Vincent Taylor will both compete to push Phillips for snaps."

2. Sam Bradford has taken 'more of an ownership role' with Vikings' offense
Jun 13, 2017
Ben Goessling
ESPN Staff Writer
MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said last week he didn't expect the uscle tightness that limited Sam Bradford during the final week of OTAs to keep the quarterback out of the team's mandatory minicamp. The Vikings certainly will hope to have a full slate of work from their starter during the most important week of their offseason program.
Even after throwing for a career-high 3,877 yards and setting a NFL single-season record for completion percentage last season, Bradford finds himself at the controls of an offense that's still trying to find its foundation. The Vikings have a deeper and more versatile set of weapons than they did last year, having replaced Adrian Peterson with two running backs (Latavius Murray and Dalvin Cook) who should be better receivers. The team is hoping for a downfield presence from wide receiver Michael Floyd, some consistency from Laquon Treadwell and, perhaps most vitally, a sturdy offensive line after the additions of Riley Reiff, Mike Remmers and third-round pick Pat Elflein.
Much remains to be settled for an offense that ranked 28th in total yards last season, and after last September's trade from Philadelphia put Bradford in hyperdrive in 2016, he's had an offseason to put his stamp on the Vikings' offense.
"It has been huge," wide receiver Adam Thielen said. "It is crazy because during the season, it was almost like he had been there all offseason, so for us now to have an offseason on top of that, what we did last year, it is great. Obviously him talking to us, telling us how he likes things done, how we like things done, kind of getting on the same page. That is what this is all about. I think we have gotten off to a great start."
Zimmer said Bradford has taken on "more of an ownership role" in the offense this offseason, which seems natural after a season in which the quarterback was trying to acclimate himself to a new city, coaching staff, locker room and offense in a matter of weeks. Bradford's contract status remains unresolved beyond this season, and Teddy Bridgewater's comeback has loomed in the background of the Vikings' offseason program. But the 2017 Vikings offense will be Bradford's, and this week's minicamp provides his last chance to help mold things before the team reconvenes in Mankato, Minnesota, for training camp in late July.

3. Lane Johnson's new diet: hold the supplements, add kale
Jun 12, 2017
Tim McManus
ESPN Staff Writer
Philadelphia Eagles tackle Lane Johnson is not taking any chances.
He says that supplements are "totally out" of his regimen now after being hit with a 10-game suspension last season for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing drugs a second time. He believes the positive test last year was the result of taking an amino acid he purchased online that was contaminated. One more positive test, and he'd face a two-year league ban, so he's doing things the old-fashioned way now to ensure there are no "mishaps."
"The deal with supplements is it’s supposed to supplement your diet, but if you get everything in your diet [that you need], you don’t have to do it," said Johnson.
Fried food and sweets had to be largely cut out as well. Instead it's chicken, beef, fish and potatoes, and plenty of vegetables like kale and spinach. Johnson explained that one of the reasons NFL athletes take certain supplements is to help fight against inflammation to protect their joints "because the season is so long." He plans on relying on good nutrition to keep his body feeling its best throughout the 16-game regular season and potentially beyond. While it's to be determined exactly how that goes, he's pleased with the early results: Johnson says he is as heavy he's ever been at 325 pounds, and feeling stronger than ever.
The 27-year-old Oklahoma product was one of six players mentioned by Doug Pederson last week when the coach was asked who stood out during OTAs. He's been working at left tackle in place of Jason Peters, who has stayed away from these voluntary practices. The expectation is that Peters will return for this week's mandatory minicamp (June 13-15), meaning Johnson will go back to his normal station on the right side.
The idea is to shift Johnson to Carson Wentz's blind side when the 35-year-old Peters calls it a career or moves on.
“I’d say I’m a top-10 tackle in the league, right or left," said Johnson. "I’m not trying to be arrogant or anything, but if you go watch the film, whenever I’m playing … my deal is just stay on the field.”
Availability has been the one major issue in a young career that has shown plenty of promise. His suspension in 2016 proved to be an absolute crusher for an Eagles team operating with a rookie quarterback and a first-year head coach at the helm. They were 5-1 when Johnson was in the lineup and 2-8 during his time away. To suggest those records were solely tied to Johnson's presence would be oversimplifying things, but it was a significant factor.
Back in the mix, Johnson is bullish on the Eagles this season.
"This is the best I've seen the team look since I've been here. Not talking out of my ass. I feel like we're in a good spot," he said.
Whether that holds true depends in large part of Johnson holding up his end of the bargain.
“I’m just going to go out there and go show people what kind of tackle I am," he said. "I think I’m one of the best in the league. Go out there and do a lot less talking and just show people what I can do.”

4. Bengals' Joe Mixon just under 230 pounds, down 10 since being drafted
June 14, 2017
Katherine Terrell
ESPN Staff Writer
CINCINNATI -- Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said rookie running back Joe Mixon needed to get back into shape after the first day of rookie minicamp on May 5.
Mixon responded quickly by dropping 10 pounds from his frame over the course of the month."I came in at like 238, now I'm about 228. That was that traveling weight, eating good. But once I got that weight down, everything was great," Mixon said.
Mixon had gained several pounds over the spring due to the unusual amount of teams he visited during the draft process. Teams wanted to get to know him better due to an incident that occurred when Mixon was 18.
Mixon, then a freshman at Oklahoma, punched a woman and broke several bones in her face. He spent the months leading up to the draft visiting teams and explaining what happened, coming back to the hotel to work out at midnight, and repeating the process again the next day.
Lewis estimated Mixon visited half of the 32 teams in the league.
“He’s worked hard," Lewis said. "Since the initial rookie camp, from that point on, he’s done a nice job. When you don’t practice and play football, you’ve got to do that to get into that kind of conditioning and shape, particularly as a runner, when so much of what he does is reaction.”
Mixon was listed at 226 pounds when he played for Oklahoma and 228 pounds at Oklahoma's pro day in March.
"I want to play about 223-228, 230 at the most," he said. "Be enough of a load, but still be fast. I'll find a happy medium. Once I figure that out, we'll go from there. Right now, I feel great."

5. Dave George: Kenny Stills welcomes Dolphins leadership role
Palm Beach Post Sports Columnist
6:03 p.m Tuesday, June 13, 2017
DAVIE— It took a while for Kenny Stills to grow into the kind of professional any head coach would love, but he’s definitely there with Adam Gase.
“It’s no secret that Kenny is a guy that I connected with last year,” Gase said in March after the wide receiver signed a new four-year contract with the Miami Dolphins without entering the official free-agency period. “I thought he was a great example.”
Some of you are going to flinch a bit upon reading that. Some experience a rise in blood pressure at the mere mention of Stills’ name. His decision to kneel during the national anthem to create awareness of social injustice drew heavy criticism last season, and there’s no guarantee that he won’t do it again in 2017.
“We’ll see when the time comes,” Stills said a few weeks back.
A little dangerous to operate this way, as Colin Kaepernick, the originator of the kneeling protest, has discovered. The former Super Bowl quarterback is all but blackballed from the league, and it’s not because of his play alone.
Stills plots his own path, however, and he’s done enough good in the community to win the team’s Nat Moore Community Service Award for charitable work in 2016. I’ve got two opinions on all of this.
First, it bothered me to see Stills and Michael Thomas and two players no longer with the Dolphins kneel during the anthem on 9/11 of all days, giving the impression, as I wrote on that day, “that American is so far out of whack that it does not deserve to be honored, even symbolically.”
Second, Gase is a football coach and his specialty is offense, not politics. That means he likes touchdowns most of all, and that means he is bound to have a soft spot for Stills, who found the end zone more than any other Dolphin last season, nine times, and is interested in showing others the way.
“Kenny is a very important part of us,” Gase said in the spring when Stills was still thinking about testing the free-agent market and the Dolphins were publicly identifying his return as a priority. “We all feel he contributed greatly to our success last year.”
Then came the announcement of the contract signing, with Stills getting $32 million over four years and $20 million guaranteed. He might have gotten more elsewhere but chose Miami and Gase, the coach whose rookie season was made easier by the instant commitment of Stills to the new regime and to the discipline of making himself a better player.
That wasn’t always the case at New Orleans, where Stills first joined the NFL in 2013 as a fifth-round draft choice out of Oklahoma. The Dolphins picked him up in a 2015 trade for linebacker Dannell Ellerbe and a third-round pick, thinking that Stills, just 23 at the time, might reach a higher potential with a little extra maturity and greater focus on his craft.
Sounds a little like the reputations of some of the kids in Miami’s wide receiver room today, right, like DeVante Parker and Leonte Carroo? Well, there’s time for them to learn about getting more out of their skills, too, and Stills is directly involved in the instruction.
“This offseason, I kind of took it on my shoulders to take the younger guys and say, ‘Here’s kind of the recipe for what I think has worked for me,’ ” Stills said following Tuesday’s mini-camp workout. “It was just up to those guys if they wanted to be a part of the routine that I had put together.
“I just told the young guys, ‘Hey, this is what you can do if you want to be successful.’ “
Carroo, a third-round pick from Rutgers, caught just three passes in his rookie season but one of those was a 15-yard touchdown from Ryan Tannehill. That score, plus a 43-yard touchdown catch by Stills, proved crucial in a 31-24 win over San Francisco in November.
“I look up to all the older receivers,” said Carroo, “but Kenny really took me underneath his wing this offseason. I came back about two months earlier to train. I was running, doing Pilates and training with Kenny every single day and getting better and also watching film with him. He’s a guy that I look to, to follow his lead.”
Between minicamp this week and training camp in mid-July, they’ll be at it again, working specifically on speed training for Carroo, who wants to be the kind of deep threat that Stills has become after four pro seasons.
Gase may not specifically have asked for this, but Stills surely has his blessing.
Seems like Stills is changing all the time, as a deep thinker, as a deep target, as a man.

6. An unfinished evaluation: 2015 Patriots third-rounder Geneo Grissom
by Oliver Thomas Jun 12, 2017, 5:00am EDT
The New England Patriots selected two defensive ends in a four-pick span during the 2015 draft.
One was Arkansas’ Trey Flowers at No. 101 overall. The other was Oklahoma’s Geneo Grissom at No. 97 overall.
The former went on to play in one game during his rookie season before landing on injured reserve, while the latter entered for 14 games and logged six tackles to go with a sack against Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill in the finale. But Flowers and Grissom are in different spots now.
Flowers broke free in 2016 and finished with 45 tackles and a team-high seven sacks while appearing in every game and starting eight of them. The 23-year-old had three multi-sack games during the regular season and saved his best for last, bringing down NFL MVP Matt Ryan for 2.5 sacks in Super Bowl LI.Grissom’s 2016, on the other hand, nearly ended five months before the Patriots made the trek to NRG Stadium to face the Atlanta Falcons. The 6-foot-4, 265-pound Sooner was waived on Sept. 3 as part of the 53-man roster cut, and he passed through unclaimed before returning as a member of the practice squad a day later.
Grissom would eventually make his way back to New England’s active roster on Oct. 15. It was then that veteran linebacker Jonathan Freeny was placed on IR and a spot opened up on special teams. He proceeded to play in all 11 regular-season games from that point forward – as well as all three postseason games – totaling five tackles with four coming in that phase.
He was credited with one assisted tackle on defense when he lined up next to Flowers at the tail end of a 41-25 victory. It was the hidden contributions from No. 92 that counted during a campaign in which he collected more practice player of the week awards than stops.
It was his scout-team simulation, his recovery of captain Matthew Slater’s fumble against the Buffalo Bills, his help wedging linebacker Shea McClellin’s field-goal block against the Baltimore Ravens, and the initial hit he delivered to catapult running back Dion Lewis’ 98-yard kickoff return for a touchdown against the Houston Texans.
But to this juncture, the 2014 All-Big 12 honorable mention has not been able to do what the player drafted four spots, one round and one day after him has: carve a role up front.
That is ultimately what Grissom’s stay in New England will be judged upon. And with March’s trade for Kony Ealy compounded by April’s third- and fourth-round selections of edge-rushers Derek Rivers and Deatrich Wise Jr., the 25-year-old is running short on time to present his case.
During Grissom’s time at Oklahoma, he made his case anywhere from defensive tackle to outside linebacker. He played under two different defensive coordinators, worked in a 3-4 and a 4-3, kicked inside on passing downs, tallied 2.5 sacks and two fumble recoveries in the Sugar Bowl versus Alabama, and was even momentarily tested out at tight end. His willingness to fulfill multiple roles filled multiple holes on the depth chart.
“I love playing this game and I never saw it as, ‘Now I have to learn a new position,’” Grissom said on his post-draft conference call. “I saw it as, ‘I get to grow my game and expand my knowledge of this game.’”
To some, that expanded background made it unclear just where Grissom’s true home was. But his blend of athleticism and scheme flexibility did not look out of place in the Patriots’ eyes.
Head coach Bill Belichick made that known in his press conference the night Grissom was chosen.
When asked about Grissom’s pro-day drills at tight end, Belichick said, “If you didn’t know he didn't play tight end, you would look at that workout and say ‘that’s a pretty good tight end.’” When addressing Grissom’s film playing four-technique at 260 pounds, Belichick added, “He didn’t look like a linebacker. You wouldn’t probably think he was that light if you didn't know it, not by the way he played.”
And as for what Grissom brought to the table elsewhere on the defensive side, his scouting report remained dynamic.
“I’d say he's very instinctive as a pass-rusher, and he's in coverage a decent amount of time as a walked-off linebacker,” Belichick said. “You see a guy play out in space, out in the slot – he does a lot of that. So you've seen him playing the three-technique, to the end of the line, to a walked-out linebacker. At the Senior Bowl, they actually played him off the line, like in a tackle bubble. So, he's a pretty athletic, versatile guy."
His private workout and official visit are in rearview now. So too are his two regular seasons and 25 appearances. After playing 130 snaps on defense and another 132 on special teams as a rookie, Grissom accounted for 250 snaps on special teams – sixth-highest on the Patriots – and only 11 on defense in 2016.
Perhaps that value as a core special-teamer will be enough for him to stick around in 2017. It is a role Belichick envisioned Grissom earning early on, though it isn’t likely the only one he expected the third-round pick to earn by his third season.
The strides of Grissom will be monitored closely over the next few months in result. New England’s evaluation of him hasn’t been completed nor curtailed as of yet.
“Geneo's done a lot of different things for us,” Belichick told reporters in the midst of mandatory minicamp last Wednesday, via Patriots.com. “He continues to work hard and improve. He improved a lot in the kicking game last year and he's doing a lot of things for us on defense now, both outside and inside. So, we'll see how it goes. Great kid, though. Works hard, does everything you ask him to do.”
Grissom has been asked to do a little of everything. The time to answer what he can do on defense is now.

7. Yes, Adrian Peterson can catch the ball
By S Resnick
Updated: June 14, 2017
METAIRIE, La. — Adrian Peterson might not become the next Darren Sproles or Reggie Bush now that he’s with the New Orleans Saints.
But the future Hall of Famer would like to set the record straight on one of the critiques he has heard about his game over the years.
Yes, he can catch the football.
“It’s always funny to me. … It’s like a lot of people say, ‘Well, he can’t catch the ball.’ And I’m like, ‘I’ve been playing ball since I was 7 years old, I can catch a football,'” Peterson said. “I don’t let it frustrate me too much. But I’d be lying to ya to say it’s not nerve-wracking to hear people say, ‘He can’t catch the ball. What is he gonna do in this offense because they pass so much?'”
Peterson — who has 11,747 career rushing yards and 97 rushing touchdowns vs. 1,945 receiving yards and five receiving TDs — explained that he just wasn’t used in that role much with the Minnesota Vikings. But he pointed out that he had his two best receiving seasons in the two years that he played with quarterback Brett Favre (436 yards in 2009 and 341 in 2010).
“So it’s all about having a guy that’s gonna get the ball to you. And without a doubt, I know [Drew] Brees will be doing that,” Peterson said.
When asked why he thinks that would make such a difference — since inexperienced quarterbacks probably rely on check-down passes to running backs as much as anyone — Peterson explained, “You’ve got different quarterbacks that see the field differently.”
“A lot of quarterbacks, when they go through their progression, they’re stuck on one side. They’re not seeing the backside checkdown or me leaking out in the flat or a back leaking out in the flat,” Peterson said. “You’ve got guys like Favre and Drew Brees who are Hall of Famers, they’re Hall of Famers for a reason. Not only can they throw the ball, but they have other qualities that make them top-tier quarterbacks. … You’ve got a guy who knows what’s going on, he knows every guy’s position and where they’re supposed to be.”
Most likely, Peterson’s primary role will be as a runner and a base-down back in New Orleans, both because that’s his strength and because Mark Ingram is excellent as a pass protector and solid as a pass-catcher.
But the Saints do a ton of passing, and they like all of their backs to be versatile. And that appealed to Peterson when he was searching for a new team.
Peterson said the chance to expand his repertoire with an “amazing” QB like Brees and a “genius” offensive coach like Sean Payton is definitely one of the things that drew him to New Orleans.
“Definitely a perk to play with Drew Brees. He’s amazing. I see why he has performed at such a high level for 15, 16 years. Now I’m able to see it firsthand,” said Peterson, who admits that the transition to a new team for the first time in 10 years won’t come overnight.
“The offense has been challenging, but I knew that coming in. Coach Payton is like a genius putting together an offensive scheme,” Peterson said. “I know after minicamp I’ll really be able to take that playbook home, and I’ll really have to dedicate time to learning each and everything.
“I don’t want that to be a reason I’m being slowed down at all, so I’m going to have to invest a lot of time in the playbook for sure.”

8. Sterling Shepard continues to build on solid spring
Jun 14, 2017
Jordan Raanan
ESPN Staff Writer
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – The first practice at mandatory minicamp looked an awful lot like New York Giants OTAs. Wide receiver Sterling Shepard was all over the field making catch after catch.
With the Giants being smart about Odell Beckham Jr. in his first practice back after skipping OTAs and Brandon Marshall and tight end Evan Engram still learning the offense, Shepard has been the most consistent and productive receiver on the Quest Diagnostics Training Complex fields this spring. It’s an encouraging sign for a player coming off a productive rookie campaign that included eight touchdowns.
Shepard was a favorite of quarterback Eli Manning during OTAs. That was again the case on Tuesday at minicamp. Shepard caught several passes over the middle after shaking free from cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. He beat linebacker B.J. Goodson with a quick move on another play. Shepard was catching everything thrown in his direction, and the passes were coming often.
“Sterling Shepard had a nice day,” coach Ben McAdoo said. “I think he went out and had a strong first day in camp. He really showed up well inside. Made a lot of plays, so it's good to have everyone out here working.”
Shepard has almost become the forgotten man with Marshall signed as a free agent and Engram the Giants’ first-round pick. But he’s not going anywhere in this West Coast offense, which ran over 90 percent of its plays last season in a three-wide-receiver set.
Shepard had 65 catches for 683 yards as a rookie. He has worked hard this season to improve on his yards after the catch. He looks quicker and stronger. He entered the league at 5-foot-10 and 194 pounds. He was compact then. He appears even broader in the shoulders now.
Everyone in the Giants building seems to be expecting big things, despite all the additions to the offense around him.
“He has such a bright future ahead of him and he puts that smile on your face,” Beckham said. “It reminds me of when I was young, it was my second year in the league, and you are just so happy to be here and to be happy to do what he is doing, so it is reassuring to see that from him.”

9. Devante Bond Gets Ahead of the Curve
Posted Jun 13, 2017
Scott Smith
Senior Writer/Editor
LB Devante Bond lost his rookie season to injury but he had come back to a favorable situation that gives him a real chance to start, especially if he can utilize his pass-rush skills.
You can call him Jack or you can call him Sam. Devante Bond just wants to hear his name called on Sundays.
Bond is a second-year linebacker for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a 2016 sixth-round pick out of the University of Oklahoma. After transferring to Norman from Sierra Community College, the California native was a part-time player in the Sooners' defense in 2014 before taking on a bigger role the following fall.
As a senior, he played the "Jack" position in the Oklahoma defense, which often put him on the line of scrimmage on the tight end's shoulder, ready to rush the passer. The Jack position also involved some coverage responsibilities, such as on curls in the flat. In 2015, Bond started five games, played in nine and contributed 43 tackles, three sacks, seven tackles for loss and two passes defensed. Despite his relative lack of Division I experience, Bond was taken 183rd overall by the Buccaneers, who thought he could contribute right away on special teams (as he did in Norman) and potentially develop into a starting strongside, or Sam, linebacker.
Those plans were delayed, however, when Bond pulled a hamstring during the preseason and then made it worse in what proved to be an ill-fated attempt to return. The Buccaneers put him on injured reserve and he spent the season recovering and taking mental reps from the sideline. Bond came to every meeting and every practice, absorbing what he could, and even hoped he might get onto the field before the season was over. He felt ready to go near the end of his rookie year but the Buccaneers chose to use their one "designated to return" I.R. option on running back Charles Sims.
"Late in the season I knew I was good," said Bond. "I was thinking about coming back that whole time, so the whole time I was getting my mind ready just in case I could. We had other guys on I.R. It's a crazy process; you don't know what's going to happen. I was definitely ready to come back but it's okay."
In fact, it might have been better than okay. The Buccaneers had veteran Daryl Smith starting at the Sam spot, so Bond likely would have been his understudy anyway. He still managed to get a lot out of his rookie season, even if it was frustrating to be on the sideline.
"I figured that last year," said Bond. "It sucks because, being a competitor, you want to be out there to play and compete and try to help the team the best you can. But I just took it as a blessing in disguise and kept learning, took everything I could out of it, watched the vets and [learn to] be a pro. [I was] definitely involved, all the meetings. I kind of just took everything, just observed and learned everything I could."
Bond can tell the difference. He got a large number of reps during three weeks of OTA practice, much of it as the first-team strongside linebacker in a group with Lavonte David and Kwon Alexander. He also got some exposure to the nickel and dime packages and to the middle, or Mike, spot. Thanks to last year's mental head start, all that work didn't make his head spin.
"I'm picking it up a lot quicker," he said. "Last year, especially in the beginning, you're in a fog. The learning curve, you've got to get past that. Definitely everything's picked up quicker; it's like second nature now. I had a learning year last year so now everything's just all coming together for me. The game's slowing down for me, so the game's going good."
The major difference this spring as opposed to last fall, and the thing that is doing him the most good, is getting that onfield perspective of what the offense is up to.
"It's one thing to know the scheme, but you've got to know what's coming at you. I know my job; it's more about figuring out what the offense is trying to do to me."
Bond's most obvious path to playing time is to win the Sam position, as David and Alexander aren't likely to come off the field often. He'll get competition from such holdovers as Cameron Lynch and Adarius Glanton, and perhaps Canadian import Jeff Knox. At some point, 2017 third-round pick Kendell Beckwith will also be in the running, but Beckwith is currently working on coming back from his late-2016 knee injury at LSU. The good news for Bond is that the Sam spot he's working on is starting to look a little bit like his old Jack position, primarily because the Bucs' coaching staff sees some pass-rush potential in the young linebacker.
"I definitely like rushing the passer," said Bond. "It's definitely something I'm really comfortable with, especially because in the past in college that's what I did a lot. It's a little different scheme here, but definitely that's something I'm really used to and like to do."
The Bucs run their base defense out of a 4-3 alignment, with four down linemen, while the Sooners defense is a 3-4. However, when the Bucs go to their "under" front in the 4-3, the Sam linebacker commonly walks up to the line on the "closed" side, where the tight end is set up. In that respect, Bond would be very much in the same role as he was as Oklahoma's Jack, standing up on the edge of the line as a potential pass-rusher.
First things first, Bond has to earn his spot on defense, either as a starter or some kind of rotational contributor. After the unfortunate turn of events that cost him his rookie season – at least in terms of playing on Sundays – it's a bit of good fortune that, upon his return, he steps right into a very real opportunity to win a starting job. It's up to him to take advantage of it.
"Nothing's given, nothing's given, nothing's given," Bond repeated. "I knew I had it coming but I've got to earn that job. It's not all said and done. I've still got a lot more work to do now, coming into preseason and coming into camp. So I've just got to keep doing what I do, worry about what I need to worry about and I feel like that will take care of itself."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News