ADVERTISEMENT

New Vote, New Result

Well played visual representation 007...
I have a perfect, rhyming variation of his name that would be pointless and crass to use on this forum

I pray that John F Wayne can stay healthy and very productive in the first two quarters of every game this year & can sit comfortably in the second half and the competition for his successors can be groomed early and often !

Last edited:
If this extra year impacts any of the other QB's, it likely won't impact Chris Robison, the QB commit for 2017 as far as reconsidering his coming to OU. I may be proven wrong on him, but I believe Robison has the biggest upside of any of the three young quarterbacks. Regardless, OU's future situation at QB is promising.
I think Mayfield's extra year gives OU a chance at developing Kendall, Murray and Robison without a great sense of urgency.....but I see the coaches modifying Mayfield's "Johnny Manziel" style of play in order to keep him healthy. It would be risky NOT to do this.

Great news. This year the depth at QB is still precarious, but with Baker coming back in 2017, and the other QBs that will be ready, I'm with CT the foreseeable future at QB for OU looks very solid. That's assuming Baker doesn't have such a monster year in 2016 that he wins the Heisman and decides to declare early for the NFL draft. ;) Even then OU has some great QB talent for 2017 and beyond.

Murray may have a good season with baseball next season therefore he may go into the baseball draft after next season

Right. I don't know if I can take 2 years of pins and needles praying he doesn't get another concussion. I was just starting to cut back my drinking. Looks like that'll be on a 2 year hiatus.
Glad you posted this, JCon...As the Self-Appointed/Anointed 'Mother Emeritus' of this Board, I was harboring those same concerns, but reluctant to just come out with 'em...I'd be less than honest if I didn't say that the possibility for 'Issues' is very real, IMO...

I'm NOT a typical Worry Wart, Over-Protective Parent, but when I considered that if Baker were MY Son, I'd have very mixed feelings about his future playing time...I don't believe it's a gender thing...I'm sure many of you Guys are experiencing those same, nagging questions...No Like 'em...

Might reconsider putting that plug in the jug, JC...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT