ADVERTISEMENT

New AP Poll OU falls one spot to sixth

The huskies have a tougher remaining schedule as compared to OUrs. Imo.

No question about it. OU has zero remaining opponents who are ranked, except of course for the likely rematch with Texas in the Big 12 championship game.

Washington still has to play against three ranked teams, plus there's a likely rematch with Oregon in the Pac 12 championship game. That will be on a neutral field in Las Vegas, and Washington won't be able to count on Dan Lanning making about a dozen questionable coaching decisions like he did last Saturday.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I did find it interesting that we beat UT (#3 at the time) at a Neutral Site compared to Washington who beat #8 (at the time) Oregon in a Home Game and they move ahead of OU. Meanwhile, UT is ranked a spot ahead of Oregon. Bottom line, win out and everything takes care of itself. Lose a game and it's out of OU's hands.

I did find it interesting that we beat UT (#3 at the time) at a Neutral Site compared to Washington who beat #8 (at the time) Oregon in a Home Game and they move ahead of OU. Meanwhile, UT is ranked a spot ahead of Oregon. Bottom line, win out and everything takes care of itself. Lose a game and it's out of OU's hands.
Huskies are solid, they also have the Heisman frontrunner at the current moment. Huskies are the "popular" squad at this time. We just need to crush OUr remaining games and prove to the pundits(selection committee) that we belong.

BOOMER!

I think the national perception is that Texas was missing a couple of healthy key players, and that's how we pulled it out. It shows how much media matters in these things. If we don't lose all bu one cornerback in the 2nd half, we likely win double digits.

Missing their center early and a great tight end being limited, hurt them. But playing those guys with a safety at corner, hurt us at least as much. Missing a young star at corner hurt us.

The second OU - Texas game will go to the playoffs if neither loses another regular season game.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Say OU and UT both win out and UT beats OU in the Big 12 Championship by 1 point on a FG as time expires. Any chance both OU and UT make the playoffs? I'm assuming it's possible if things fall into place.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
I think there's a small chance, especially if Bama wins the SEC. If say the big three in the Big 10 all go 1-1 against each other. I don't think the best teams in the ACC are better than OU or Texas. There will be a lot of messing with the others in the Pac 12. Then the ND win over USC next week could be a factor. Every year at this time, there are assumptions that the undefeated teams will stay that way, and it often changes.

I don't think it's likely that OU and Texas could be both 1-1 and both make the final four. But I don't think it's impossible. And those of us that thought that Texas beating Bama could be good for us, and in those rarest of moments pulled for the horns, might come out smelling like a rose.

2 teams I can see from the same conference getting in is if Bama wins out and plays an undefeated Georgia in the SEC Title Game, Bama wins and both get in. Can't see them keeping one loss two time defending champ out. In that scenario someone will get screwed big time.

2 teams I can see from the same conference getting in is if Bama wins out and plays an undefeated Georgia in the SEC Title Game, Bama wins and both get in. Can't see them keeping one loss two time defending champ out. In that scenario someone will get screwed big time.
Two SEC teams always have the upper hand over the other conferences. We’ve seen it happen before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT