ADVERTISEMENT

Nepotism

SoonerCharles

Gold Member
May 10, 2023
Offensive is just poorly coached. That’s it.
Seth Littrell, who has never had any great offense at any stop in his coaching career, and who played fullback, looks to be unable to put out a well oiled, cohesive unit with a confident and well coached QB. This is the danger of nepotism. When I listen to Joe Jon Finley and Littrell, I just don’t hear innovative, overly intelligent, creative and detail oriented guys. I hear tough dudes who played for OU and know some ball. Joe Jon hasn’t produced or recruited a single TE with any serious long term NFL prospects (Brayden Willis didn’t make the 53 man roster). Looking at Littrell’s coaching history I can’t remember a single good team/offense he coached. Texas Tech, Indiana, Arizona, North Carolina, North Texas- 0 memorable offenses that he’s been in charge of or contributed to. Yes, these two are dealing with many injuries across the board. And the offensive line isn’t the most talented. But you can put bandaids on things and scheme around deficiencies. The verdict is this coaching duo is well below the standard of a national championship coaching staff on offense, and the results show it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.