ADVERTISEMENT

ND's former QB Golson to transfer.....

Schoonerman

Sooner starter
May 29, 2001
Marietta, GA
It was announced today that Notre Dame's former starting QB, Everett Golson, has decided to forego his senior year in South Bend and transfer to another school. From what I understand, he will be have immediate eligibility.

Just for fun, IF Golson came to OU....
Could win the starting job over the guys we have already on the team?
Would he be a good fit in Riley's offensive scheme?
Does OU have a scholarship to offer?
Do we even want the guy on our roster? (He had to sit out a year at ND for breaking university rules - cheating - and lost his starting job last year to a freshman before their bowl game).

Reactions: Section22Sooner
It was announced today that Notre Dame's former starting QB, Everett Golson, has decided to forego his senior year in South Bend and transfer to another school. From what I understand, he will be have immediate eligibility.

Just for fun, IF Golson came to OU....
Could win the starting job over the guys we have already on the team?
Would he be a good fit in Riley's offensive scheme?
Does OU have a scholarship to offer?
Do we even want the guy on our roster? (He had to sit out a year at ND for breaking university rules - cheating - and lost his starting job last year to a freshman before their bowl game).

I don't think he is looking at us from what I read. I'll be glad when the day comes a 4 or 5 star Q-b OU recruit looks like it on the field of play. Landry Jones was the last one...........

I think I saw South Carolina or Georgia this weekend. I'd take a hard look at LSU. They seem to always be loaded except at quarter back.

Yahoo says that Free Shoes U is now the favorite.

ND won't release him to schools on their 2015 schedule. Can't blame them for that. And the SEC has a rule that would make it hard for him to go there. Something about accepting transfers who've been suspended at their previous school.

That would cut out between 20 and 25 D1 schools, including several top programs. He's from the Carolina's, which would make the Pac 12 less likely. So FSU would seem like a reasonable place. I guess we'll see shortly. He didn't have the best wrap up to 2014. And he's only got one season of eligibility left and didn't go through spring practice. Might be hard to win a job anywhere that's worth a darn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT